Subject: [sieve] redirect-dsn, redirect-deliverby

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:52:36 -0400

So, I'm implementing RFC 6009 and I'm wondering why the values of 
:bymode are specified as lowercase and those for :ret are uppercase.

And why was :notify specified as a single string with comma-separated 
values rather than a stringlist?

Its all just syntactic sugar, but I'm just curious.

-- 
Ken Murchison
Cyrus Development Team
FastMail US LLC

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 09:35:21 -0700 (PDT)

> :bymode are specified as lowercase and those for :ret are uppercase.

Sieve parameters like this are case-insensitive - this follows from the fact
that they are defined using ABNF strings which are always case-insensitive - so
who cares what case they are shown in?

> values rather than a stringlist?

I don't really remember, but it's probably to be more compatible with
the SMTP parameter.

				Ned