Subject: Re: interesting

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:15:06 -0500

daniel,

You have push-mailed an Internet Engineering Task Force working
group mail reflector.

In response to your offer, I can only hope that someday Internet
mail comes under the same laws as US Mail.  Then this would be clear
mail fraud and, for committing it, you would be subject to strict
penalties.  It is nice to know that you are at least risking your
life, as people in this country are not going to take kindly to
being scammed out of their money given current economic conditions.

Nevertheless, I think others will view your mail as the virus that
it is.  Thank you for identifying the source of the virus.  I now
know another domain to stick on my RBL (everyone.net).

Please do not ever send such an absurd offer and obvious scam to
another IETF WG mailing list.  Didn't you know that by spamming
and scamming an IETF WG, you are annoying the very people who gave
you the liberty to send the mail in the first place?  A liberty
which you are now abusing.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

--brian

On Sun, 02 Sep 2001, daniel jones wrote:

> STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
> 
> 
> ATTN
> Sir,
> 
> I humbly wish to seek your assistance in a matter that is very
> important and needs utmost trust and confidence.  I am Mr. Daniel
> Jones a business consultant and a close confidant of one of
> Nigeria's most powerful family.  The wife of a former top
> government official and an oil royalist who served in the past
> Military Regime in Nigeria (whose husband is now late) wishes to
> move out of Nigeria the sum of US$32.8million (thirty-two million
> eight hundred thousand dollars) she wishes to invest the
> aforementioned sum in a viable business overseas.
> 
> For obvious reasons, my client does not wish to place this fund
> with established financial institution in the family's name for
> security reasons.
> 
> She has therefore empowered and instructed me to look for a
> reliable foreigner who can arrange and receive this money in his
> account overseas and assist to invest the fund properly for the
> family.
> 
> If you accept to assist in this transaction for my client and her
> family I shall release the sum of US$32.8 million to you if you
> meet my requirements and upon a favourable response from you, I
> shall let you know how you will receive the fund.
> 
> After the transaction, your commission shall be down payment of
> 10% of the total sum, 5% will take care of all expense incurred
> during the transaction.
> 
> Reach me immediately through the above (E-mail ) if the offer
> pleases you and do not fail to give me your private telephone and
> facsimile numbers for easy contacts.
> 
> Best regards
> 
> Daniel Jones
> 

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]