Subject: Offer of availability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:23:22 EDT

MARIO HÉBERT
625 Morning View Way
Murphy, TX 75094, USA
Home: 972-384-0920     Cell : 972-365-7407
Email: [email-masked]   
Work status: H1B Visa

Profile:

Telecom/datacom software engineer with particular interest in embedded 
software development.

Qualifications:

Communication protocols, board support package (BSP, firmware, device 
drivers, boot code), embedded software architecture, network management.

Keywords summary :

TCP/IP, 4.x BSD, TCP, UDP, NAT, SS7, SCTP, ProfiBus FMS/DP, TFTP, SPI, SNMP, 
MIB, SONET, C/Visual C++, Assembly, PowerPC, 850/860, 603e/750, MC68302, MPC 
106, CPLD, PCI, Tundra QspanII, Lucent TADM/TFEC, IBM NP4GS3, IBM UDASL, 
Vitesse 872, Semtech 8515, PMC 4351, PMC 8223, PMC 5381, Broadcom 5221, 
Boardcom 5680, pSOS, LynxOS, pharlap, ObjectAda 95, Diab, Greenhill, gcc, 
gdb, ddd, dummynet,  ethereal, MKS, clearcase, continuus, source safe, BDM, 
SDS, EST, HP probe, routers, switches, ethernet, ATM, Optic carrier, LAN, 
socket layer. 

Work experience:

February 2001 - September 2001 (Out of business)
Software engineer - Metera Networks Inc.
Device driver - Data Communications 

Design, code and test device drivers for various CPU based interface cards 
and export a common interface to upper level software. Programming of a suite 
of test tool for sanitization. . 

July 2000 - January 2001
Sr. Software engineer (contractor) - Alcatel USA
SS7 over IP - Networking System Group (Signaling Products Division)

Design, code, test a thin layer API to interface IETF SCTP reference 
implementation protocol to proprietary upper layer API (validation purposes). 
Design, code, test platform level software for in-house SCTP multi-platform 
protocol stack (e.g. MTU path discovery). Performance optimization. Developed 
a software test driver.

January 2000 - July 2000
Sr. Software engineer (contractor) - Fujitsu Network Communications
IP transport (Proof of concept) - Common Interface

Code, test and optimize embedded real-time communication software and drivers 
for IP transport type-of-product using fiber optic carrier (POS).

TCP/IP implementation, common interface, mapping function, interface layer, 
socket layer, RFC compliance, routing.

August 1999 - December 1999
Software Developer  - CAE Electronics Ltd.
Marine Control Systems  - Core Software & Communication

Design, code, test, optimize, document and troubleshoot embedded real-time 
software used for the control and monitoring of marine systems.

Distributed architecture, real-time operating system (RTOS), core software, 
serial communication links, PC-based simulation software. 

April 1998 - July 1999
Software Designer - Memotec Communications Inc.
R & D - System group

Design, code, test, optimize, document, and troubleshoot system software for 
real-time, embedded microprocessor-based telecommunication products (frame 
relay access device).

Real-time operating system kernel, firmware (boot code), device drivers, 
diagnostic code, system bring-up experience, hardware/software integration  
(board support package), embedded cross-compiler, debugger and linker. System 
boot architectures, firmware upgrade utilities, file system management and 
firmware/software partitioning. Communication protocols, SNMPv1 compliant 
objects. Correcting reported problems from the field.

Education:

1999    Université du Québec à Montréal,  Psychology (Bachelor program) - 15 
credits (Full time)
 
1994-1998   Carleton University (Ottawa), Electrical Engineering, Computer 
Stream
Diploma: B.Eng - Electrical engineering

Fourth Year University Project - Universal Hockey League Scheduler 

Research, design and implementation of the universal hockey league scheduling 
problem (complex binary problem) adapting an heuristic algorithm being 
proposed by Daniel Costa (Ph.D EPFL 1994). The final solution has been 
implemented in a graphical user interface environment using VB5, the results 
have been found to be very good.

Languages:
 
French:     Excellent spoken and written.
English:    Good spoken and written.

Other interests:

Technology: Extreme programming, VoIP, satellites communications, 
optimization algorithms  (performance), video signals (encryption, 
compression, transmission), task scheduling, data storage technologies.

Others:     Literature (European, Latin, Canadian), roller-blade, web 
surfing, psychology, geography and history.

References available upon request

Up-to-date, Microsoft Word copy available at: www.geocities.com/hebert_mario/

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]