Subject: RE: [SUA issues 3,6,7] text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:20:38 +0300

Hi all,

Here is my (final) proposal for these issues.  Please check if they
are sufficient.

John

3.10.1 SS7 Hop counter 

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x0101          |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                unused                         | SS7 Hop Count |  
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

SS7 Hop Counter (3.18/Q.713)

The value of the SS7 Hop Counter is decremented with each global title
translation and should be in the range 15 to 1.

Optional in CLDT, CLDR, CORE.

========================================================================

3.10. Importance  

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x0113          |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                  unused                       |   Importance  |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Importance (3.19/Q.713)

Possible values of the Importance Parameter are between 0 and 7, where the
value of 0 indicates the least important and 7 indicates the most important.

Optional in CLDT, CLDR, CORE, COAK, COREF, RELRE, RELCO.

========================================================================

3.10.c Message Priority (or Priority) 

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x0114          |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                 spare                         |  Msg Priority |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Priority

Priority value ranges from 0 to 3.  If the Priority value has not been
specified by the SCCP user, it should be set to 0xFF. The SG MAY take the
priority into account for determining the MTP message priority.  In the
all-IP case, this parameter MAY be used.

The Message Priority parameter is optional in the CLDT, CLDR, CORE, COAK,
CODT messages.  However, for networks which support Message Priority message
priorities (e.g, ANSI), this parameter MUST be included but it is not
required for those which don't (e.g., International).  

Optional in CLDT, CLDR, CORE, COAK
========================================================================

3.10.d Protocol Class

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x0115          |             Length = 8        |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                  spare                        |  Protocol Cl. |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Protocol class (3.6/Q.713)

Bits 1-2 indicate the protocol class.

		Value	Description 
      	  0       Class 0 (connectionless service) 
      	  1       Class 1 (connectionless service) 
      	  2       Class 2 (connection-oriented service) 
      	  3       Class 3 (connection-oriented service)

Bit 8 indicates the use of the return on error procedure.

		Value	Description 
      	 0x0		No special options
      	 0x1		Return message on error

		Bits 3-7 are spare and should be coded zero.

Mandatory in CR, CC, IT, UDT, XUDT, LUDT
Optional in CODT

========================================================================

3.10.e Sequence Control

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |         Tag = 0x010e         |             Length = 8         |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |                                               | Seq  Control  |  
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Sequence Control (1.1.2/Q.714)

The field is coded with the value of the sequence control parameter
associated with a group of messages and are chosen so as to ensure  proper
loadsharing of message groups over SLS values while ensuring that sequence
control values within message groups have the sequence control value coded
with the same value as the initial message of the message group.

Mandatory in CLDT, CORE, COAK, COIT.

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]