Subject: RE: [SUA issues 3,6,7] text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:34:36 +0300

Brian,

> In some of these parameters you refer to excess bits as "unused" and
> in others you refer to them as "spare".  Is there any difference
> between "spare" and "unused"?
> 
> Many parameters which do not use a full 8 bits have excess bits
> within the defined field that are neither referred to as "unused" or
> "spare" but are clearly excess bits.  What is the difference between
> "unused", "spare", and these excess bits in the defined field?
> 
> There is no description on any restrictions of how "spare", "unused"
> and excess field bits are to be coded.  For example, can they be coded
> to random values?

All text saying 'unused' has been removed.  I have added that when
'spare' bits are concerned, they should  be coded zero.

John

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]