Subject: M2PA: link changeover and associations

From: Howard Lew <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:49:23 -0700

Hello,

I have several questions about M2PA's description of changeover and
associations in draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-03.txt.

1) In 5.8 Link Changeover, when an association breaks each M2PA layer on
each side will report Out of Service to MTP3 right?  How is it
determined that which side sends the XCO and which side will just wait
and reply with an XCA.

2) Does the XCO that is supposed to go on "another link" refer to an
association to a signaling point C if the association between signaling
points A and B break?  If this is the case, then I would assume that the
signaling point C sits somewhere in between and forwards the XCO and XCA
messages right?

Or must that "another link" refer to a second link between signaling
points A and B (i.e. signaling points A and B have 2 associations
connecting each other)?

3) Is Figure 10 just an example to illustrate that multiple associations
can be created between 2 IP addresses?  Is there really any benefit to
creating multiple associations between the same IP addresses?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Howard

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]