Subject: Query: IUA - ASP ID

From: Rohit <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Sep 2001 07:05:41 -0000

Hi !!
I  have aa query related   to IUA.....

     THe IUA at the SG has a concept of Application server (AS), which is a logical grouping of ASPs. the problem is that whenever an ASP (at the MGC) comes UP, it doesn't send in IDENTIFICATION related information to the SG (unlike M3UA wherein, whenever an ASp comes up it sends identification information along with the ASP UP message). Thus in absence of any such information, how does the SG club the ASPs into the AS ?

Regards,
> Rohit Dhawan

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:07:51 -0400

Rohit,

A couple of things to note:

(1)  As you note, the IUA RFC does not support ASP Identifier.   ASP Identifier
may be added in the future.

(2)  ASP Identifier is an optional parameter (see M3UA v8).  Therefore, your SG
implementation cannot count on it being available for grouping ASPs.  Further,
it was not the intent to use ASP Identifier for this purpose.

The SG should use configuration information to group the ASPs into ASes.  

Regards,

Ken

  At 07:05 AM 9/20/01 +0000, you wrote:
>You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:22:00 +0530

Hi,

With ASPs grouped into ASs, how does the SG know which ASP is registering?
i.e., when a ASP initiates a association to the SG and sends ASP-UP, what
information in the message will allow the SG to uniquely identify the ASP,
so that SG can check from the configuration data and decide which AS it
belongs to?

regards,
Sujatha
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
To: sigtran <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: Query: IUA - ASP ID

> >      THe IUA at the SG has a concept of Application server (AS), which
is a logical grouping of ASPs. the problem is that whenever an ASP (at the
MGC) comes UP, it doesn't send in IDENTIFICATION related information to the
SG (unlike M3UA wherein, whenever an ASp comes up it sends identification
information along with the ASP UP message). Thus in absence of any such
information, how does the SG club the ASPs into the AS ?
> >To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[email-masked]
>
>
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[email-masked]

---

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:04:39 -0500

Sujatha,

[email-masked] wrote:                        (Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:22:00)
> so that SG can check from the configuration data and decide which AS it

For static port configuration, the SG identifies the ASP by the IP address(es)
and port number of the ASP which formed the association.  Each connecting
ASP uses a static IP address (list) and port number in this case.

For dynamic port configuration, where the SG cannot know `a priori' which
port number the ASP is connecting from, the ASP places the ASP Id parameter
in the ASPUP message to identify itself to the SG.

IUA will only support the former (static) until ASP Id is added to the
protocol (extension draft, other...) as with the other UAs.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---