Subject: RE: [SUA issue 17 & M3UA issue #11] IPSP cases.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:55:17 +0300

Hi Brian & Klaus,

> NIC failures are rarely the problem.  Netwtork path failures are.
>
> Gradischnig, Klaus wrote:
> >
> > Fine with me John. This describes a linkset. Don't need 
> traffic modes for
> > this.
> > 
> > In any case, I agree with Javier's analysis that SCTP does 
> > away with the need for retrieval. "Link" failures are 
> > transparently handled by SCTP. And host (aka line card) 
> > failures are normally not going to leave anything
> > behind to be retrieved whether SCTP or MTP2 are used.

Also, possible AS/ASP software bugs can cause lots of
headaches ... Additionally, intervention by management
can cause lots of trouble ... 

I think we can only focus on what is in scope for SIGTRAN,
however.

John

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]