Subject: RE: SUA 08

From: Verwimp Gery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:41:17 +0100

Hi Michael,

See below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Tuexen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: zondag 4 november 2001 16:11
To: sigtran
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: SUA 08

Dear John, Dear all,

I just wrote a SUA dissector module based on version 8 of the ID.

I found some typos (hopefully these are only typos) / have some 
questions:

- 3.10.2.3: Does the length field include filler?

[GV] : Nope, filler bits required to get a multiple of 4 bytes. The length
field includes the number of bytes starting from "Tag = 0x8001" up to and
including the last byte that contains (a) valid digit(s). The
number_of_digits (odd or even) determines whether the low nibble of the
final byte is filler or a valid zero-digit.

- 3.10.2.4: Reference to 3.2.5 wrong.

[GV] : Should be 3.9.18.

- 3.10.2.7: Why are you mentioning SCTP?

[GV] : Should be "of this document".

- 3.10.10: Credit is a 32 but uint (I think) but the text says "one 
octet".

[GV] : Credit is a one octet-field. The lower 3 bytes should be coded zero.

- 3.10.11: Should this be deleted?

[GV] : I've assumed 3.10.22 is going to be deleted. Otherwise there's a tag
error here (0x0116 instead of 0x010e) ? John, which is it ??

- 3.10.12: Why is the length 32 and not 8?
- 3.10.13: Why is the length 32 and not 8?

[GV] : Typo's. Should all be length = 8.

- 3.10.15: Why is the tag 010d and not 010f?, Why is length not shown as 
Length=16?

[GV] : Also typo I presume. 0x010f looks ok; 0x010d conflicts with network
appearance. Length = 16.

- 3.10.16: Why is the length not shown as Length = 12?

[GV] : Yip. Length = 12.

- 3.10.22: Why is the Tag 010e and not 0116? Why is Sequence Control not 
32 bit long?

[GV] : All bits can be used, no limitation here I think.

- 3.10.23: Why is the length 32 and not 8?

[GV] : Another typo. 32 bits for the field, but 8 bytes the total length.

Best regards,
Gery

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]