Subject: [Sigtran] Last Call: SS7 SCCP-User Adaptation Layer (SUA) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:32:34 -0500

The IESG has received a request Signaling Transport to consider SS7 
SCCP-User Adaptation Layer (SUA) <draft-ietf-sigtran-sua-12.txt> as a 
Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by March 6, 2002.

Files can be obtained via 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-sua-12.txt

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:00:58 -0800

Hi Folks,

As you can see, SUA is now in IETF Last Call.  Quick update on
the other specs:  M3UA is getting another look-through by our A-Ds
to see if it has addressed their concerns, while M2UA has been 
revised now a couple of times for the same reason (the objection
has been about the clarity of the specification on text encoding
to be used, esp. for the text Interface Identifier).  These should
hopefully clear the process soon and be approved as Proposed 
Standard.

SCTP MIB has only one comment remaining unresolved, concerning
whether DeleteTCB should be included.  We are trying to resolve
this through the A-Ds, as this involves both SCTP and TCP MIBs.

Cheers,

L. Ong

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 2:33 PM
To: IETF-Announce; @ietf.org
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] Last Call: SS7 SCCP-User Adaptation Layer (SUA) to
Proposed Standard