Subject: [Sigtran] ASP States

From: "vaibhav_madan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:22:18 +0530

Hi

    In M3UA Draft-12, on page 66

The possible states of an ASP are:

ASP-DOWN: .................

ASP-INACTIVE: .............

ASP-ACTIVE: ...............

SCTP CDI: The SCTP CDI denotes the local SCTP layer's Communication 
Down Indication to the Upper Layer Protocol (M3UA) on an SGP. The local 
SCTP layer will send this indication when it detects the loss of 
connectivity to the ASP's peer SCTP layer.  SCTP CDI is understood as 
either a SHUTDOWN_COMPLETE notification or COMMUNICATION_LOST 
notification from the SCTP layer.

SCTP RI: The local SCTP layer's Restart indication to the upper layer 
protocol (M3UA) on an SG.  The local SCTP will send this indication 
when it detects a restart from the ASP's peer SCTP layer.

SCTP CDI and SCTP RI are not states but are primitives invoked by the M3UA User due to which the state of M3UA changes. These two should be removed from the list of possible states of M3UA.

Regards

Vaibhav
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at  http://email.indiatimes.com
Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:19:43 -0600

Vaibhav,

vaibhav_madan wrote:                 (Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:22:18)
>    ASP-ACTIVE: ...............

^^^^^^^^^
This

	is separate from

This
vvvvvvvv
>    SCTP CDI and SCTP RI are not states but are primitives invoked by the
>    M3UA User due to which the state of M3UA changes. These two should be
>    removed from the list of possible states of M3UA.
>    

Both describe the diagram.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran