Subject: [Sigtran] Local-RK-Identifier

From: "reshma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:15:59 +0530

Hi ,

In section " 3.6.1 Registration Request (REG REQ)" :

Local-RK-Identifier: 32-bit integer:
" The mandatory Local-RK-Identifier field is used to uniquely identify  the
registration request. The Identifier value is assigned by the ASP, and is
used to correlate the response in an REG RSP message with the original
registration request. The Identifier value must remain unique until the REG
RSP message is received."

As per the above the Local-RK-Identifier is per REG REQ not per RK.Should'nt
it be per RK?

Thanks,
Reshma

---

From: "Sundaresan M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:06:09 +0530

Hi Reshma,

What is say is valid. But whenever u send a REGREQ message from ASP to SG it
may contain more than one Routing Keys in it. Registration REsponse message
is sent in response to this registration request. But this registration
response may carry the response for all the ROuting keys registered at the
SG or the SG can send multiple REsponses each with one Routing Context
value. Hope u are already clear with a Routing context - routing key
relation ship means.

May be the Draft should be rephrased like below.(see text in capitals)
" The mandatory Local-RK-Identifier field is used to uniquely identify  the
ROUTING KEY in the
registration request. The Identifier value is assigned by the ASP, and is
used to correlate the response in an REG RSP message with the original
registration request. The Identifier value must remain unique until the REG
RSP message for that ROUTING KEY is received."

Best Regards,
Sundar.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
reshma
  Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2002 6:16 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [Sigtran] Local-RK-Identifier

  Hi ,

  Local-RK-Identifier: 32-bit integer:
  " The mandatory Local-RK-Identifier field is used to uniquely identify
the
  registration request. The Identifier value is assigned by the ASP, and is
  used to correlate the response in an REG RSP message with the original
  registration request. The Identifier value must remain unique until the
REG
  RSP message is received."

  As per the above the Local-RK-Identifier is per REG REQ not per
RK.Should'nt
  it be per RK?

  Thanks,
  Reshma

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:41:38 -0600

Sundar,

That's not actually true.  It is possible to have multiple registration
requests being serviced by an SG for the same routing key.

--brian

Sundaresan M wrote:                                    (Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:06:09)
> 
>    Hi Reshma,
>    
>    
>    
>    What is say is valid. But whenever u send a REGREQ message from ASP to
>    SG it may contain more than one Routing Keys in it. Registration
>    REsponse message is sent in response to this registration request. But
>    this registration response may carry the response for all the ROuting
>    keys registered at the SG or the SG can send multiple REsponses each
>    with one Routing Context value. Hope u are already clear with a
>    Routing context - routing key relation ship means.
>    
>    
>    
>    " The mandatory Local-RK-Identifier field is used to uniquely
>    identify  the ROUTING KEY in the
>    From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
>    Of reshma

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran