Subject: RE: [Sigtran] SUA-12: Registration & Deregistration Result

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:34:06 +0200

Vince,

> The descriptions of these two parameters (sections 3.9.20 & 3.9.21)
> don't make sense. If the entire contents is tag-length-value format,
> most of the tag values are incorrect (ie routing context should be
> 0x0006, not 0x0015). If some of the fields are still standalone 32-bit
> values, then please make it explicit in the text.

It would be helpful if you'd like to suggest text.

John

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Vince Deters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:04:58 -0500

John,

My suggestion would be to cut & paste the M3UA Registration Response and
Deregistration Response parameter descriptions, where everything is in TLV
format. The only difference would be that M3UA still uses M3UA-specific tag
values for    Registration Result, Deregistration Result, Registration
Status, and Deregistration Status, whereas SUA has them defined as common
parameters.

Vince

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:44:03 -0600

Vince,

Vince Deters wrote:                                         (Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:04:58)
> Status, and Deregistration Status, whereas SUA has them defined as common

Yes.  An why is that?  Could we either define them as specific in both
or common in both?

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/