Subject: [Sigtran] ISDN Q.931 backhauling

From: "Panagiotis Galiotos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 16:06:03 +0300

Dear all,

If backhauling is the way of notifying the MGC that we have e.g an incoming
call (Q.931 Setup message)for ISDN networks (B and D channels) then we
probably don't have to use the RQNT and NTFY commands since we will sent the
SETUP command directly to the MGC ??!! So in RQNT and NTFY commands with
parameters like O: hd are only used for analog PSTN (POTS) networks ??!!
Finally can we use the CAS MGCP packages to pass he information directly to
the MGC ??

Many thanks,
Panagiotis Galiotos

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:09:58 -0400

Panagiotis,

You are correct that MGCP is not used to transport ISDN signaling
information to the MGC.   Given this, I don't understand your 
question about the use of CAS MGCP - to pass what information?

Regards,

Ken