Subject: [Sigtran] Addition m3ua SG-SG comments

From: "Bep Verberk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:40:16 -0400

Tolga,
I have some additional questions/comments on the
SG-SG draft.

I hate to start another high-level discussion on merits but I want to
ge the principles clear before talking to much detail.

If I understand the objective of the m3ua SG-SG it is two-fold.
1. allow AS clouds to communicate via SG - with the additional
capability of allowing different SGs to be serving the AS clouds
and have the SGs communicate between them using m3ua.
Figure 1 in the draft.

2. allow traditional ss7 nodes to communicate via SG (ie the SG
acts like an STP) - and also with the additional capability
that the ss7 nodes may be connected to different SGs and the
SGs need to communicate with one another, again using m3ua.
Figure 2 in the draft

So this really boils down to a sort of "distributed m3ua" ?

I'll stop there for now to make sure I'm not make too many assumptions.
Can you confirm/correct my understanding up to this point ?

Bep

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:03:01 -0500

Bep,

Bep Verberk wrote:                                            (Thu, 30 May 2002 08:40:16)
>    and have the SGs communicate between them using m3ua.

AS can already communicate with SG.  That's what M3UA does.

>    SGs need to communicate with one another, again using m3ua.

SS7 SEP can already communicate via SG/STP.  That's what an STP does.

>    Can you confirm/correct my understanding up to this point ?

The missing piece is SG communicating with SG.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran