Subject: [Sigtran] (M2PA) Does LSP received prior to LSA while in AIP state cause transition to PROVING?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:18:37 -0400

Hello All,

M2PA draft v4:
Figure 7: M2PA Link State Transition Diagram seems to show that a LS
Proving message received
while in the AIP state causes a transition to the PROVING state. The text
in section 4.1.3 Link Alignment
describes no such event trigger (only receipt of LSA is mentioned for this
transition).

Should a LSP received prior to LSA while in the AIP state cause a
transition to PROVING?
Or should it be ignored?

Regards,

Jeff

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 14:28:41 -0500

The mistake is in the state diagram.

Sending and receiving Link Status Alignment gets M2PA to the Proving
state. 

tomG.

-- 
* Tom George          972-519-3168           [email-masked]   *
* PB2-1323       Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel USA, Inc.; 1000 Coit Rd, MS PB2-STPA; Plano TX 75075-5813   *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *