Subject: Re: [Sigtran] document status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:22:04 -0400

Lyndon and others,

Could someone please explain what would be addressed in the  SG-SG
document.  Is the plan to define a SG-SG protocol?
Also, is there any plans to extend M3UA to support any kind of transfer
capability similar to MTP3?

Regards
Ray

                    "Ong, Lyndon"                                                                  
                    <LyOng@ciena.        To:     "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>           
                    com>                 cc:     (bcc: Ray P. Singh/Telcordia)                     
                                         Subject:     [Sigtran] document status                    
                    05/13/02                                                                       
                    05:34 PM                                                                       

Hi Folks,

I was asked by our A-Ds for a document status update, this is what I found:

draft-ietf-sigtran-m2ua-15.txt     In RFC editor's queue
draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-12.txt     In RFC editor's queue
draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-mib-07.txt Waiting on A-D comments
draft-ietf-sigtran-sua-13.txt      Waiting on IESG review
draft-ietf-sigtran-signalling-over-sctp-applic-05.txt
  still draft, expect to complete before Yokohama
draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-04.txt
  still draft, expect to complete before Yokohama (no major issues)
draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-mib-03.txt
  still draft, waiting on incorporation of comments from Shaun Routhier
draft-ietf-sigtran-v5ua-02.txt
  still draft, expect to do WG LC soon
draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-02.txt
  resolving A-D issue with IANA requirements (believe that the issue
  is just the determination of the SCTP Payload Protocol ID)
draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-implementors-guide-00.txt
  initial draft, expect to complete after November bakeoff
draft-ietf-sigtran-iua-imp-guide-00.txt
  initial draft, expect to complete after November bakeoff

There are apparently some concerns with the security section of SUA that
are
holding this up,
I will try to find out further information.  The SCTP MIB is waiting on
comments from the OAM
A-Ds.  DUA should be reissued soon with changes to the IANA section, and
resubmitted to
IESG for review.

We need to do WG Last Call for V5UA, I'd like to start this on Wednesday if
there are no
objections.  We can then do WG Last Call on M2PA after this, if we have
resolved any
remaining issues.

Finally, Tolga has asked that we make the SG-SG document a working group
document,
I would like to get comments on this.

Cheers,

L. Ong

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:53:24 -0400

Ray,

There is already a draft for M3UA SG-SG communication:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bidas-sigtran-sgsg-00.txt

   Tolga

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 6:22 PM
> To: Ong, Lyndon
> Cc: [email-masked]'
> Subject: Re: [Sigtran] document status
> 
> 
> 
> Lyndon and others,
>