Subject: [Sigtran] document status

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:34:08 -0700

Hi Folks,

I was asked by our A-Ds for a document status update, this is what I found:

draft-ietf-sigtran-m2ua-15.txt	In RFC editor's queue
draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-12.txt	In RFC editor's queue
draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-mib-07.txt	Waiting on A-D comments
draft-ietf-sigtran-sua-13.txt		Waiting on IESG review
draft-ietf-sigtran-signalling-over-sctp-applic-05.txt
  still draft, expect to complete before Yokohama
draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-04.txt
  still draft, expect to complete before Yokohama (no major issues)
draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-mib-03.txt
  still draft, waiting on incorporation of comments from Shaun Routhier
draft-ietf-sigtran-v5ua-02.txt
  still draft, expect to do WG LC soon
draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-02.txt
  resolving A-D issue with IANA requirements (believe that the issue
  is just the determination of the SCTP Payload Protocol ID)
draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-implementors-guide-00.txt
  initial draft, expect to complete after November bakeoff
draft-ietf-sigtran-iua-imp-guide-00.txt
  initial draft, expect to complete after November bakeoff

There are apparently some concerns with the security section of SUA that are
holding this up,
I will try to find out further information.  The SCTP MIB is waiting on
comments from the OAM
A-Ds.  DUA should be reissued soon with changes to the IANA section, and
resubmitted to
IESG for review.

We need to do WG Last Call for V5UA, I'd like to start this on Wednesday if
there are no 
objections.  We can then do WG Last Call on M2PA after this, if we have
resolved any 
remaining issues.

Finally, Tolga has asked that we make the SG-SG document a working group
document,
I would like to get comments on this.

Cheers,

L. Ong

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:53:26 -0400

Lyndon,

What about IETF meeting in Yokohoma, will there be a SIGTRAN session?

   Tolga

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Ong, Lyndon
> Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 5:34 PM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: [Sigtran] document status
> 
> 
> Hi Folks,
>

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:16:34 -0400

Lyndon,

Considering the low amount of interest during the last few months on the WG,
I  think it might be a little bit too optimistic to get a lot of feedback on
this issue (till now one person has stated support and nobody objected).

My goal is not to try to impose some ideas but trying to get a solution for
a missing piece in the protocol (as most of the people can remember, before
starting to work on the draft, I asked interested people for help, we formed
a 10-12 people group and the draft shows the result of those discussions).
If there are people objecting, I very much would like to get their arguments
and their proposed solutions so that we can see how to proceed.

    Cheers,
    Tolga