Subject: [Sigtran] (M2PA) Please standardize M2PA protocol timer identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:13:22 -0400

Hello All,

The M2PA v5 draft refers to four specific timer identifiers (T1, T2, T3,
and T6) and assigns
specific functional requirements on them. The draft also discusses at least
four more
implementation-dependent timers, such as the 'status_interval' timer.

I think it would be a good idea for the M2PA specification to reserve a
block of timer
identifiers (T1, T2,..., T10) for timers having required functionality and
assign a starting
timer identifier (e.g. T11)  for implementation-dependent timers (such as
Proving Rate).

This would help reduce confusion as to the purpose of a given protocol
timer between
different M2PA implementations.

Having said that,  I would like to see the described
implementation-dependent timers identified in
the draft as follows:
     T4 - proving rate timer (interval between sending LSP messages during
PROVING)
     T5 - ready rate timer (interval between sending LSR messages during
READY-ALIGNED)
     T7 - processor outage rate timer (interval between sending LSPO
messages during INS)
     T8 - busy rate timer (interval between sending LSB messages during
INS)

Regards,

Jeff

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:16:38 -0500

Jeffrey,

Timer identifiers should correspond to Q.703 where possible.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                    (Fri, 10 May 2002 15:13:22)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/