Subject: [Sigtran] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 07:36:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SS7 MTP2-User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer
	Author(s)	: T. George et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-05.txt
	Pages		: 49
	Date		: 06-May-02
	
This Internet Draft defines a protocol supporting the transport of
Signaling System Number 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part (MTP) Layer 3
signaling messages over Internet Protocol (IP) using the services of
the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  This protocol would
be used between SS7 Signaling Points employing the MTP Level 3
protocol. The SS7 Signaling Points may also employ standard SS7 links
using the SS7 MTP Layer 2 to provide transport of MTP Layer 3
signaling messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:11:56 -0500

M2PA Changes for version 5
05/03/2002

Here are the changes in draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-05.txt (M2PAv5).

If anyone wants to study the changes in detail, I have a "diff" file I
can send.

This is not a complete list of changes. I did not include minor
rewording.

2.2 M2PA Header: Made FSN and BSN 24 bits each.

3.  M2PA Link State Control: In Figure 7, AIP -> Proving, 
    changed: Receive LS Alignment OR LS Proving
    to: Send and  Receive LS Alignment

4.1.3 Link Alignment: paragraph beginning "(Note that". Added advice
on what to do if M2PA receives Link Status Alignment while OOS.

4.1.5 Level 2 Flow Control: paragraph beginning "When the peer M2PA
receives the Link Status Busy message,". Added that M2PA sends Link
Status OOS and goes to Retrieval.

4.2.1  Sending/receiving messages. 
   changed:
      If M2PA receives a User Data message with an FSN that is out of
      order, the message should be discarded.
   to:
      If M2PA receives a User Data message with an FSN that is out of
      order, M2PA shall fail the link.

4.2.6 Changeover
   changed:
      M2PA's Sequence Numbers are 24 bits long.
   to:
      M2PA's Sequence Numbers are 16 bits long.

7.1 SCTP Payload Protocol Identifier. The PPI is 5.

10.: Updated some addresses. Added Brian Bidulock as an author.

(end)

-- 
* Tom George          972-519-3168           [email-masked]   *
* PB2-1323       Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel USA, Inc.; 1000 Coit Rd, MS PB2-STPA; Plano TX 75075-5813   *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran