Subject: Re: [Sigtran] SUA - routing on IP address

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:05:23 +0530

hi

IMO SUA should route the data to "real" address, though the draft would never
prevent the second mode of operation but then what's the use of routing data to
a "virtual" IP address that is not same as the real IP address of the endpoint.
Moreover, SUA draft will also allow you loadshare the traffic for one virtual
address to two (or N , for that matter) ASPs that have different real IP
Addresses. But where are we going to use this when the destiantion address is
actually a virtual address and it can map to any of the N real addresses.

regards
manish

"Valerie Gastaud" <[email-masked]> on 12/19/2002 03:50:51 PM

To:   "Sigtran" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Manish Rajpal/HSS)

Subject:  [Sigtran] SUA - routing on IP address

When the SUA has to route a message on IP address, does this IP address has
to map the SCTP IP addresses, knowing that in case of SCTP multi-homing,
there can be more than one IP address?

Or is it possible for the ASP to register for handling traffic of a virtual
IP address over an SCTP association established between two SCTP endpoints's
real IP addresses, different from the virtual IP address.
I believe there is nothing in the SUA draft that prevents this mode of
operation, can you confirm?

Thanks,
Valerie

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran