Subject: FW: [Sigtran] ID-Tracker on SUA

From: "Richard Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:53:00 +0100

SUA suggestions for next draft:

1.2 Terminology
Add the definition of Network Appearance taken from RFC 3332 (which has 
been extended for SUA), at the end (or better still, sort the items alphabetically!): 

Old Text:
None

New Text:
Network Appearance - The Network Appearance is an SUA local reference 
(typically an integer) shared by SG and AS that together with a 
Signalling Point Code or global title uniquely identifies an SS7 node by 
indicating the specific SS7 network it belongs to. It can be used to 
distinguish between signalling traffic associated with different 
networks being sent between the SG and the ASP over a common SCTP 
association. An example scenario is where an SG appears as an element in 
multiple separate national SS7 networks and the same Signalling Point 
Code value may be reused in different networks.  

1.4.5 Support for the management between the SGP and ASP.

Old text:

The SUA layer should provide interworking with SCCP management 
functions at the SG for seamless inter-operation between the SCN 
network and the IP network.  It should:  
     *    Provide an indication to the SCCP-user at an ASP that a SS7 
          endpoint/peer is unreachable. 
     *    Provide an indication to the SCCP-user at an ASP that a SS7 
          endpoint/peer is reachable. 
     *    Provide congestion indication to SCCP-user at an ASP. 
     *    Provide the initiation of an audit of SS7 endpoints at the 
          SG. 

New text:

The SUA layer should provide interworking with SCCP management 
functions at the SG for seamless inter-operation between the SCN 
network and the IP network.  It should:  
     *    Provide an indication to the SCCP-user at an ASP that a SS7 
          endpoint/peer is unreachable. 
     *    Provide an indication to the SCCP-user at an ASP that a SS7 
          endpoint/peer is reachable. 
     *    Provide congestion indication to SCCP-user at an ASP. 
     *    Provide the initiation of an audit of SS7 endpoints at the 
          SG. 
     *    Provide an indication to the SCCP-user at an  SS7 endpoint/peer
          that an ASP is unreachable. 
     *    Provide an indication to the SCCP-user at an SS7 endpoint/peer that an  
          ASP is reachable. 
     *    Provide congestion indication to SCCP-user at an SS7 endpoint/peer. 

3.4.4 Network Congestion (SCON)
If SCON is used to indicate ASP or SUA congestion in response to a 
message from the SG, then an SSC might need to be sent from SG to the 
message originator. This is a similar case to that in M3UA. So I suggest 
we need to define an extra parameter (and rather than using say 
Destination Address, for consistency with M3UA I suggest Concerned DPC).

Old text:

   The SCON message can be sent from the SG or relay node to all 
   concerned ASPs to indicate that the congestion level in the SS7 
   network to a specified destination has changed. 

       0                   1                   2                   3 
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0006          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      /                       Routing Context                         / 
      \                                                               \ 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0012          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      /                        Affected Point Code                    / 
      \                                                               \ 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x8003          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                              SSN                              | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0118          |             Length            | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                       Congestion Level                        | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0112          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                              SMI                              | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0004          |             Length            | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      /                          Info String                          / 
      \                                                               \ 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
    
   Parameters 
     Routing Context               Optional 
     Affected Point Code           Mandatory *1 
     SSN                           Optional *1 
     Congestion Level              Mandatory 
     SMI                           Optional 
     Info String                   Optional 
 
   Note 1:    When the SSN is included, the SCON message corresponds to 
              the SCCP N-STATE primitive. When SSN is not included, the 
              SCON message corresponds to the SCCP N-PCSTATE primitive. 

New text:

   The SCON message can be sent from the SG or relay node to all 
   concerned ASPs to indicate that the congestion level in the SS7 
   network to a specified destination has changed. 
   The SCON message MAY also be sent from the SUA layer of an ASP to an SUA 
   peer indicating that the SUA layer or the ASP is congested (see 1.5.6).

       0                   1                   2                   3 
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0006          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      /                       Routing Context                         / 
      \                                                               \ 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0012          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      /                        Affected Point Code                    / 
      \                                                               \ 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x8003          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                              SSN                              | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0118          |             Length            | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                       Congestion Level                        | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0112          |            Length             | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                              SMI                              | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0119          |             Length = 8        |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |    reserved   |                 Concerned DPC                 |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |         Tag = 0x0004          |             Length            | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      /                          Info String                          / 
      \                                                               \ 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
    
   Parameters 
     Routing Context               Optional 
     Affected Point Code           Mandatory *1 
     SSN                           Optional *1 
     Congestion Level              Mandatory 
     SMI                           Optional
     Concerned DPC                 Optional *2 
     Info String                   Optional 
 
   Note 1:    When the SSN is included, the SCON message corresponds to 
              the SCCP N-STATE primitive. When the SSN is not included, the 
              SCON message corresponds to the SCCP N-PCSTATE primitive.
              When the SSN is included the Affected Point Code parameter 
              contains just one point code.

   Note 2:    The Concerned DPC is included when the SCON is sent from
              ASP to SG, it is the point code in the Source Address
              of the message triggering the SCON.

3.10 SUA-Specific parameters 

Need to add in Concerned DPC

Old text: 
    
   These TLV parameters are specific to the SUA protocol. 
 
   Parameter Name                     Parameter ID 
   ==============                     ============ 
   SS7 Hop Counter                      0x0101 
   Source Address                       0x0102 
   Destination Address                  0x0103 
   Source Reference Number              0x0104 
   Destination Reference Number         0x0105 
   SCCP Cause                           0x0106 
   Sequence Number                      0x0107 
   Receive Sequence Number              0x0108 
   ASP Capabilities                     0x0109 
   Credit                               0x010A 
   Data                                 0x010B 
   User/Cause                           0x010C 
   Network Appearance                   0x010D 
   Routing Key                          0x010E 
   DRN Label                            0x010F 
   TID Label                            0x0110 
   Address Range                        0x0111 
   SMI                                  0x0112 
   Importance                           0x0113 
   Message Priority                     0x0114 
   Protocol Class                       0x0115 
   Sequence Control                     0x0116 
   Segmentation                         0x0117 
   Congestion Level                     0x0118 
    
   Destination/Source Address Sub-Parameters 
   =========================================== 
   Global Title                         0x8001  
   Point Code                           0x8002 
   Subsystem Number                     0x8003 
   IPv4 Address                         0x8004 
   Hostname                             0x8005           
   IPv6 Addresses                       0x8006 

New text:
    
   These TLV parameters are specific to the SUA protocol. 
 
   Parameter Name                     Parameter ID 
   ==============                     ============ 
   SS7 Hop Counter                      0x0101 
   Source Address                       0x0102 
   Destination Address                  0x0103 
   Source Reference Number              0x0104 
   Destination Reference Number         0x0105 
   SCCP Cause                           0x0106 
   Sequence Number                      0x0107 
   Receive Sequence Number              0x0108 
   ASP Capabilities                     0x0109 
   Credit                               0x010A 
   Data                                 0x010B 
   User/Cause                           0x010C 
   Network Appearance                   0x010D 
   Routing Key                          0x010E 
   DRN Label                            0x010F 
   TID Label                            0x0110 
   Address Range                        0x0111 
   SMI                                  0x0112 
   Importance                           0x0113 
   Message Priority                     0x0114 
   Protocol Class                       0x0115 
   Sequence Control                     0x0116 
   Segmentation                         0x0117 
   Congestion Level                     0x0118
   Concerned DPC                        0x0119 
    
   Destination/Source Address Sub-Parameters 
   =========================================== 
   Global Title                         0x8001  
   Point Code                           0x8002 
   Subsystem Number                     0x8003 
   IPv4 Address                         0x8004 
   Hostname                             0x8005           
   IPv6 Addresses                       0x8006 

3.10.2.2 Address Indicator
The AI in the ASP to SG direction is not clear. 

Original text:

The address indicator is coded as follows: 
    
    Bit 1 is used to indicate inclusion of the SSN 
    
    0         Do not include SSN when optional 
     1         Include SSN 
    
     Bit 2 is used to indicate inclusion of the PC 
    
    0         Do not include PC, regardless of the routing indicator 
              value 
     1        Include PC 
    
    Bit 3 is used to indicate inclusion of the Global Title 
    
    0         Do not include GT when optional (routing indicator /= 1) 
     1        Include GT 
    
   The remaining bits are spare and SHOULD be coded zero, and MUST be 
   ignored by the receiver. 

New text:

The Address Indicator for both the Source and Destination Addresses, for 
the direction SG to ASP, is coded:
Bit 1 :        0, no SSN included in SCCP party address 
               1, SSN included in SCCP party address
Bit 2 :        0, no PC included in SCCP party address 
               1, PC included in SCCP party address
Bit 3 :        0, no GT included in SCCP party address 
               1, GT included in SCCP party address

The Address Indicator for the Source Address, for the direction ASP to 
SG, is coded:

Bit 1 :	0, do not include SSN in SCCP calling party address when 
           optional(i.e. RI != 2 or 4)  
        1, include SSN 
Bit 2 : 0, do not include PC in SCCP calling party address 
        1, include PC (the SG's own if none present in Source Address)
Bit 3 : 0, do not include GT in SCCP calling party address if RI 
           != 1 
        1, include GT
 
The Address Indicator for the Destination Address, for the direction ASP 
to SG, is coded:
Bit 1 :	0, do not include SSN in SCCP called party address when 
           optional(i.e. RI != 2 or 4)  
        1, include SSN (from global title translation if RI = 1 & 
           GTT derives SSN, otherwise from Destination Address)
Bit 2 :	0, do not include PC in SCCP called party address 
        1, include PC (from Destination Address even if RI = 1)
Bit 3 :	0, do not include GT in SCCP called party address if RI 
           != 1 
        1, include GT (from global title translation if RI = 1 & 
           GTT modifies GT, otherwise from Destination Address)

The remaining bits are spare and SHOULD be coded zero, and MUST be 
   ignored by the receiver.

3.10.19 Importance 
We need to define Importance values for all messages, even those that do 
not have Importance as a parameter! My suggestion is:

Original text:

       0                   1                   2                   3 
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0113          |             Length = 8        | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                Reserved                       |   Importance  | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      
   Importance (3.19/Q.713) 
    
   Possible values of the Importance Parameter are between 0 and 7, 
   where the value of 0 indicates the least important and 7 indicates 
   the most important. 

New text:

       0                   1                   2                   3 
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0113          |             Length = 8        | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                Reserved                       |   Importance  | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      
   Importance (3.19/Q.713) 
    
   Possible values of the Importance Parameter are between 0 and 7, 
   where the value of 0 indicates the least important and 7 indicates 
   the most important. 

The default Importance value for MGMT messages is 8 for NTFY and 7 for 
ERR.
The default Importance value for SNM messages is 6 for DUNA, DAVA, DUPU, 
DAUD and SCON, it is 5 for DRST.
The default Importance value for ASPSM messages is 8 for all except BEAT 
and BEAT ACK, which is 7.
The default Importance value for ASPTM messages is 8.
The default Importance values for CL and CO messages are the same as 
those defined in [ITU Q714] Table 2/Q.714 for the equivalent messages. 
The maximum Importance values for CL and CO messages are the same as 
those defined in [ITU Q714] Table 2/Q.714 for the equivalent messages.

3.10.23 Segmentation

With the value of this parameter as shown, there is no way to tell what 
class the SCCP/SUA user asked for in the original (unsegmented) message. 

Old text:

      0                   1                   2                   3 
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |         Tag = 0x0117          |            Length = 32        | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     | first/remain  |             Segmentation Reference            | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
    
   The first/remaining segments field is formatted as follows: 
 
   bit 8 (MSB) : indicates whether this is the first segment (1) or not 
   (0) 
    
   bits 1-7: indicate the number of remaining segments, value between 0 
   and 15 
    
   The field would thus be coded 1000 0000 (first, no remaining 
   segments) for a non-segmented CLDT. 
    
   The segmentation reference field is a 3 byte integer, assigned by 
   the ASP.   

New text:

      0                   1                   2                   3 
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |         Tag = 0x0117          |            Length = 8         | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     | first/remain  |             Segmentation Reference            | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 

 bit 8 (MSB)  : indicates whether this is the first segment (1) or 
                not (0) 
 bit 7        : 1 if the User requested class 1 in original message, 
                else 0
 bits 1-6     : indicate the number of remaining segments, value 0 to 15
    
The field would thus be coded 1x00 0000 (first, no remaining segments) 
for a non-segmented CLDT, with x set to the class requested by the User. 

3.10.25 Concerned DPC

Old text:
None

New text:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |         Tag = 0x0119          |             Length = 8        |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |    reserved   |                 Concerned DPC                 |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      
      The Concerned DPC parameter is only used in a 
      SCON message sent from an ASP to the SGP. It contains the point
      code of the originator of the message that triggered the SCON
      message taken from that message's Source Address. The 
      Concerned DPC parameter contains one Concerned Destination Point Code 
      field, a three-octet parameter to allow for 14-, 16- and 24-bit binary 
      formatted SS7 Point Codes.  A Concerned DPC that is less than 24-bits 
      is padded on the left to the 24-bit boundary.  Any resulting SCCP/Subsystem 
      Congested (SSC) message from the SG is sent to the signalling point 
      concerned using the Concerned DPC to populate the MTP label DPC of the SSC message. 
      The reserved field is set to 0 on transmission, and not examined on reception.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Adams 
Sent: 03 December 2002 16:47
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Sigtran] ID-Tracker on SUA

Hi John,
I hope this helps! (nits to follow).
Kind regards, Dick.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 03 December 2002 10:38
To: Richard Adams
Cc: Michael Tuexen
Subject: RE: [Sigtran] ID-Tracker on SUA

Hi Richard,

To make my life much easier, I would request the following format for 
suggestions:

Old text (text in the current doc):

  xxxxx

New text (what you are suggesting):

  yyyyy

I'd appreciate it.  Also, any major changes in messages or
functionality need to be also sent to the SIGTRAN mailing list.

thanks!
John

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Richard Adams [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 03 December, 2002 11:16
> To: Loughney John (NRC/Helsinki)
> Cc: Michael Tuexen
> Subject: RE: [Sigtran] ID-Tracker on SUA
> 
> 
> John,
> Michael Tuexen suggested I send you these comments I found 
> whilst looking at SUA.
> I have some smaller nits, which I'll send later (hopefully 
> today!), but these are more important.
> Kind regards,
> Dick Adams
>  
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 26 November 2002 12:51
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sigtran] ID-Tracker on SUA
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> As most of you know, the IESG has provided us with a tool to
> track ID status.
> 
> It seems that SUA got stuck in the review process and I need to make
> some updates.  Comments can be found here:
> 
> https://www.ietf.org/IESG/EVALUATIONS/draft-ietf-sigtran-sua.bal
> 
> I will try to make the updates accordingly.  I was wondering if
> the WG has found any other nits to correct in the draft.
> 
> Thanks,
> John
> _______________________________________________
> Sigtran mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran
> 
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:36:21 -0700

Richard,

Aside from adding a brief definition for Network Appearance and changing
"included" to "included in the SCCP party address" in a couple places,
the changes you propose are largely unnecessary.  See comments below...

Richard Adams wrote:                                                               (Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:53:00)
> Code value may be reused in different networks.  

In SUA, the NA cannot "be use to distinguish between..."  And the
example is not really applicable.  Trim it to:

>> indicating the specific SS7 network it belongs to.

>           that an ASP is unreachable. 

SUA does not do this.  SS7 has no way to tell an SS7 endpoint/peer than
an ASP is unreachable.

>      *    Provide an indication to the SCCP-user at an SS7 endpoint/peer that an  

SUA does not do this.  SS7 has no way to tell an SS7 endpoint/peer than
an ASP is reachable.

>      *    Provide congestion indication to SCCP-user at an SS7 endpoint/peer. 

SUA does not do this.  SS7 has no way to tell an SS7 endpoint/peer than
an ASP is congested.

This change is unnecessary.

> Destination Address, for consistency with M3UA I suggest Concerned DPC).

There is no such case in SCCP as in ANSI T1.113.  That is, there is
no case in SCCP which is equivalent to MTP nodal TFC.

This change is unnecessary.

>    network to a specified destination has changed. 

An SCCP subsystem does not send the equivalent of nodal TFC.  This
change is unnecessary.

>    Parameter Name                     Parameter ID 

Above is ok, but below is not.  Actually the indicators only apply
to the Called Party Address used for routing and never the Calling
Party Address.

> not have Importance as a parameter! My suggestion is:

No we don't.  The SG may, at its discretion, ignore importance
values provided by the ASP.  The purpose of the importance value
is to tell the SG the ASP's view of the importance of some messages
which might have a range of importance values at the SG.

This change is not necessary.

> Original text:

Class is already implied in the connection or supplied in the message.
This change is not necessary.

> Old text:

Again, no concerned point code is necessary because SCCP does not have
the equivalent of nodal TFC in MTP.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/