Subject: Re: [Sigtran] IPSP and ASP

From: "K. Srinivas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:33:28 -0500 (GMT)

Brian,
 
Chak has got this impression because section 1.3.2,
 
first para says
 
   The M3UA Layer at an ASP or IPSP provides the equivalent set of
   primitives at its upper layer to the MTP3-Users as provided by the
   MTP Level 3 to its local MTP3-Users at an SS7 SEP.  In this way, the
   ISUP and/or SCCP layer at an ASP or IPSP is unaware that the expected
                                       ---------------------------------
   MTP3 services are offered remotely from an MTP3 Layer at an SGP, and
   --------------------------------------------------------------------
   not by a local MTP3 layer.  The MTP3 layer at an SGP may also be
   -------------------------
   unaware that its local users are actually remote user parts over
   M3UA.  In effect, the M3UA extends access to the MTP3 layer services
   to a remote IP-based application.  The M3UA layer does not itself
   provide the MTP3 services. However, in the case where an ASP is
   connected to more than one SG, the M3UA layer at an ASP should
   maintain the status of configured SS7 destinations and route messages
   according to the availability and congestion status of the routes to
   these destinations via each SG.
 
and second para says
 
   The M3UA layer may also be used for point-to-point signalling between
   two IP Server Processes (IPSPs).  In this case, the M3UA layer
   provides the same set of primitives and services at its upper layer
   as the MTP3. However, in this case the expected MTP3 services are not
                         -----------------------------------------------
   offered remotely from an SGP.  The MTP3 services are provided but the
   ----------------------------
   procedures to support these services are a subset of the MTP3
   procedures due to the simplified point-to-point nature of the IPSP to
   IPSP relationship.

  SEE THE UNDERLINED LINES - Do they not conflict each other ?

Thanks & Regards,
Srini

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:47:40 -0700

Srini,

Yes, I see that now that you underline it.

>    ISUP and/or SCCP layer at an ASP or IPSP is unaware that the expected
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a global change and replace error from going through the document
at the last draft and changing almost everywhere "ASP" to "ASP or IPSP".
This should certainly say:

>    ISUP and/or SCCP layer at an ASP is unaware that the expected

Perhaps one of the many editors of M3UA can catch this nit in the IG.

--brian

K. Srinivas wrote:                             (Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:33:28)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/