Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA:DRST

From: "Samuel Dur D. Jeyaseelan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:55:44 -0600 (CST)

Brian,
 
RFC 3332,section 3.4.6 says

... If the affected destination
   is currently considered unavailable by the ASP, The MTP3-User should
   be informed that traffic to the affected destination can be resumed.
   In this case, the M3UA layer should route the traffic through the SG
   initiating the DRST message.

   my doubt is:

   After getting DRST at ASP, Is there any timer started to see whether
   affected destination(route) is unavailable(it will be unavailabe
   because ASP received DRST with affected pc) or available periodically?

-Samuel

  Alcatel USA, Inc.                  Internet: <userid>@ssd.usa.alcatel.com
  1000 Coit Road, Plano, Texas 75075
  ******* The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc. *******

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:49:56 -0700

Samuel,

This is just to say that DRST cancels DUNA in the same way the TFR cancels
TFP.  The affected destination is considered unavailable by the ASP if the
ASP has received a DUNA (whether broadcast, responsive or audit) from the
SG previously.

If you are looking for a periodic test of unavailability, the ASP is permitted
to periodically send DAUD to audit the unavailability of the destination (in
which case it will receive DUNA in response if the SG offers a route to the
audited destination).

Does that answer your question?

--brian

Samuel Dur D. Jeyaseelan wrote:                      (Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:55:44)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/