Subject: [sigtran] SUA draft 14 typo on NA tag value

From: "Desiderio, Didier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:27:47 +0100

The Network Appearance has two differents values of tag depending on the message (ERR or REGISTER).

I propose to use the SUA-specific parameter value(0x010D) in the ALL messages.

3.7.1 Error (ERR) 

...

old text:
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x0200          |         Length = 8            | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                     Network Appearance                        | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 

New Text:
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |         Tag = 0x010D          |         Length = 8            | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
      |                     Network Appearance                        | 
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 

Regards,

Didier

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:11:31 -0700

Didier,

Good catch.  Cut and paste error from M3UA.  If the editors of these documents
would have agreed to place Network Appearance in the common parameter range
this would not have happened.

I always hoped that these parameters could be put in the common range so that
generic code for, for example, handling ERR messages could be reused across
M2UA, M3UA and SUA implementations, but the editors saw fit to make us
rewrite code for each UA for the sake of a single constant.

--brian

Desiderio, Didier wrote:                                                      (Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:27:47)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/