Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA User Data Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:22:47 +0530

Hi

In section 2.3.1 User Data, following line is written:
********************************************************************************
The Data field SHALL be transmitted in the byte order as defined by
MTP3.
********************************************************************************

Please comment on which "Data field" it refers to and how its byte order
is specified by MTP3

Regards
Vishal Jain
Hughes Software Systems

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:46:52 -0700

visjain,

The data field referred to is the Data Field of the message, and
MTP3 byte ordering is described in the Q.700 series recommendations
from ITU, cited in the References section.

What did you expect?

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                                         (Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:22:47)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/