Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA: Redundant RKM error codes

From: "Barry Nagelberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:46:41 -0500

I think that we have 2 redundant RKM error codes, one of which should be
removed for clarity's sake. The use of these codes is explained in section
4.4.1 of the RFC.

In the case in which an SGP doesn't support RKM procedures, the RFC covers
it twice, with 2 different error codes:

"  If the SGP does not support the registration procedure, the SGP
   returns an Error message to the ASP, with an error code of
   "Unsupported Message Class"."

AND

"  If an SGP determines that a received Routing Key does not currently
   exist and the SGP does not support dynamic configuration, the SGP
   returns a Registration Response message to the ASP, containing a
   Registration Result "Error - Routing Key not Currently Provisioned"."

Barry Nagelberg

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran