Subject: [Sigtran] Information on the ASP Model

From: Prakash R <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:09:11 +0530

Hello,

I was wondering whether the ASP model that is used in M2UA, M3UA, and
SUA was based on any already known fault-tolerance model. There are a 
few aspects that I find difficult to understand. Is there some 
background reading that is expected for understaning the ASP model in 
the XUA RFCs?

Regards,
-- 
Prakash R
Business Unit Head, Softswitch and Media Gateway,(Cell & Packet Tech.)
======================================================================
C-DOT (Centre for Development of Telematics)
71/1, Sneha Complex, Miller Road, Bangalore - 560052, India
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Phone: +91-80-22263399 Ext. 268, +91-80-22383951, Fax: +91-80-22263256
======================================================================

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:55:38 -0700

Prakash,

Yes.  Active-standby (Master-slave, Leader-follower), Load sharing
(distributed) and Broadcast (reliable broadcast, 2 out of 3 vote, or 3
out of 4 vote, and others), just as found in carrier grade switching
systems.

Any good book on telecommunications switching and redundant stored
program control switches would be a good starting point.  A book on
distributed processing theory might be good also.

I have a couple of good references that I use but I don't want to plug
anyone's book on an IETF mailing list.  Send me an e-mail offline if you
are interested.

--brian

Prakash R wrote:                                                                   (Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:09:11)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/