Subject: [Sigtran] REGARDING DOUBT IN SIGTRAN

From: "Mahendaran v" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:44:36 -0000

Hi

Pls give your your suggestions regarding the following doubts

 1. There is any specific tool to test the sigtran protocol layer functionality individually.
 2. There is any specific rule that, M3UA must be used between MGC and SG,
    M2UA between MG and SG,MGC or it is based upon our requirement ?
 3. We are in implementation of sigtran protocol stack using opensource code available on the www.openss7.org
 4. Specifically as M2PA is not fully matured the implementation of M2PA will be stable and eficient ?
 5. Just refering M3UA implementation guide is enough to develop all the functionality of it or any other document to refer ?

Awaiting for your reply with anticipation

 warm regards
 mahendaran pv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAHENDARAN PV
S/W ENGINEER
RGTI TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS P LTD
CHENNAI
T.N
INDIA

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:51:39 -0700

Mahendaran,

Mahendaran v wrote:                                                             (Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:44:36)
>  functionality individually.

Wrong place for this question.  Google is your friend.

>     M2UA between MG and SG,MGC or it is based upon our requirement ?

No.

>  available on the www.openss7.org

Good.  You should, however, post questions specific to this implementation
to mailto:[email-masked]  This SIGTRAN list is for questions and
comments concerning the protocol and related to the Working Group.

>  will be stable and eficient ?

M2PA is rather matured.  It has undergone interoperability testing and is
moving to RFC.

I will soon submit an updated draft-bidulock-sigtran-m2pa-test document and
post an opensource implmentation of M2PA that meets the test specification in
accordance with draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-10.txt which is the last draft text
before RFC.

>  5. Just refering M3UA implementation guide is enough to develop all the
>  functionality of it or any other document to refer ?

The implementor's guide is a implementor's guide to the protocol and acts as
an errata and corregendum to the main RFC document.  It is not intended to
instruct anyone on how to implement the M3UA protocol.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/