Subject: [Sigtran] SUA v16: Global Titles

From: "Barry Nagelberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:29:39 -0500

We have some questions about global titles in SUA.

First, in section 3.10.2.3 of SUA draft 16, the definition for GTI=0001 does
not appear to match with ITU-T Q.713 (1996) 3.4.2.3.1. According to Q.713,
GTI=0001 means that the global title information only contains a nature of
address and the global title address. According to the SUA draft, GTI=0001
means that the nature of address is ignored, that the translation type must
be 0 (unknown), and that the numbering plan must be 1 (E.164). What is the
reason for this difference?

Also, section 3.10.2.3 does not include an encoding scheme field. The draft
says "Address signals to be coded as defined in ITU-T Q.713 Section
3.4.2.3.1." That section of the ITU specification includes an example of how
the digits would be encoded if BCD encoding was used. Does this mean that
SUA only supports BCD encoding? If other types of encoding can be used, how
is the encoding scheme specified in the global title?

Barry Nagelberg

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:24:11 -0700

Barry,

I think you'll find that it more closely resembles ANSI T1.112, which does
not have a nature of address indicator.  Also, encoding scheme is only ever
BCD (odd or even).  GTI in SUA and (for that matter) GTI in ITU and ANSI do
not match.  The GTI in SUA, like ITU and ANSI indicates the fields present
in the messsage.  If you need to specify any value, use SUA GTI=0100.  The
SUA GTI does not dictate what is passed to the SS7 network by a gateway.
The AMF or GTT result will determine that.

Did you have a specific application that cannot be met with the current
codings?

--brian

Barry Nagelberg wrote:                                                               (Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:29:39)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/