Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA - draft 10 - Link Status Ready received during T4 period

From: "Franck Boesch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:24:31 +0100

Hello,

I would like to know if we should ignore a received 'Link Status Ready' message during the proving period (T4) or memorize that the remote end is ready to skip T1 period (just send 'Link Status Ready') when T4 expires. Please find below a modified Figure 12 page 35 of M2PA draft 10 to explain what I am saying.

Thanks for the reply,
Regards,
Franck Boesch.

Internet Draft  SS7 MTP2-User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer   Oct 2003

    MTP3        M2PA        SCTP        SCTP        M2PA        MTP3
    ----        ----        ----        ----        ----        ----
     .           .           .           .           .           .
     .           Start timer T3          .           .           .
     .           Link Status Proving     .           .           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           .           .           .           .           .
     .           .           .     Link Status Proving           .
     .           <------------------------------------           .
     .           .           .           .           .           .
     .           Stop timer T3           .           .           .
     .           .           .           .           .           .
     .           Start timer T4          .           .           .
     .           Link Status Proving     .           .           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           .           .       Link Status Ready           .
     .           <------------------------------------           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           .           .           .           .           .
     .           Timer T4 expires        .           .           .
     .           .           .           .           .           .

     Send Link Status Ready (one or more) 

     .           .           .           .           .           .
     .           Link Status Ready       .           .           .
     .           ------------------------------------>           .
     .           .           .           .           .           .
     In Service              .           .           In Service
     <------------           .           .           ------------>
     .           .           .           .           .           .

     MTP3 MAY begin sending data messages.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran