Subject: [Sigtran] Protocol Action: 'Signalling Connection Control Part User Adaptation Layer (SUA)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:31:09 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Signalling Connection Control Part User Adaptation Layer (SUA) '
   <draft-ietf-sigtran-sua-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Signaling Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary

  This memo defines a protocol for the transport of a number of telephony
  signaling protocols. Specifically it supports the transport of any
  Signaling Connection Control Part-User (SCCP-User) signaling protocols
  (e.g., Transaction Capabilities Protocol, Radio Access Network Application
  Protocol, etc.) over IP using the Stream Control Transport Protocol (SCTP)

  The protocol is modular and symmetric, to allow it to work in diverse
  architectures, such as a Signaling Gateway to IP Signaling Endpoint
  architecture as well as a peer-to-peer IP Signaling Endpoint architecture.
  Protocol elements have been included to allow operation between peers in 
  the Signaling System-7 (SS7) and IP domains.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The working group supported the publication of this document and no issues
  were raised during IETF Last-Call.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran