Subject: RE: [Sigtran] SUA v16: TID and DRM labels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:39:28 +0200

Brian,

> What about removal?

If people on the list accept it, with STRONG consensus & we could 
query any known implementations, I think this may be possible - however
I'd defer to Lyndon as WG chair to verify it.

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:26:02 -0500

Although I also believe fixing the label mechanism or replacing it with an
alternative should be the ultimate goal (I also agree that if it is to be
meant "optional", there should be a matching error code to reject an ASPAC
with labels), IMO taking it out at this moment is maybe not the best choice.
As far as I remember, label mechanism had problems, when there is a multiple
SG configuration(?). As it is right now, it looks like working for single SG
case, and practically has some use for such a configuration.

I also agree that a draft is not carved on the stone and is subject to
change(afterall it is just a "draft") but considering that SUA was held
mainly because of security procedures updates for so long time, the
situation is a bit different, i.e. people (at least some of them) did not
expect any procedural changes there.

   Tolga

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 2:39 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [Sigtran] SUA v16: TID and DRM labels
>
>
> Brian,
>
> > What about removal?
>