Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:02:47 +0530

Hi,

   The list of ASPs in an AS is assumed to be dynamic, taking into
   account the availability, traffic handling capability and congestion
   status of the individual ASPs in the list. How does one avoid
   missequence of Signalling traffic in case one of the active ASP
   transitions from ACTIVE to INACTIVE and vice-versa.

   Are there any controlled rerouting procedures specified in current
   M3UA v02 draft.

Regards
Kamesh

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Tolga Asveren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:46:34 -0700 (PDT)

As far as I recall, such procedures were defined in
one of Brian's drafts -cordId(?)-. I also think,
mentioning about this briefly might be a good idea. 

BTW, this also applies for ASP->SGP direction.
Basically whenever the SCTP association (or stream)
used for a group of messages changes, care should be
taken to decrease possibility of missequencing.

   Tolga
> email including damage from virus."

		
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs  
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover