Subject: [Sigtran] SUA TID LABEL PARAMETER

From: Warren Anthony Briggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:24:48 -0400

Dear All,

I would appreciate the lists comments/clarification of the  following:

The SUA implementors guide section 2.9.2 proposes the following changes 
to the TID Label Parameter :

"Label mask value is a 32-bit integer. The mask is logically
      ANDed onto the received TCAP transaction ID. And if the result
      of the AND operation exactly matches the "Label mask" field,
      then the message is sent to the ASP that registered for this
      label via the ASPAC msg.
      An ASP that registers a label will be sent only those TID-bearing
      messages that match its label. "

Although the TID Labels must be unique, this does not prevent one ASP 
registering a "Label mask" which may  contain a "Label mask" registered 
by another ASP.  For example One ASP may send ASPAC with a  "Label mask" 
of 15 and another ASP an ASPAC with a "Label mask" of 7 for the same 
load share  AS. If the  SG receives a  message containing a TID of  31 
then the result of ANDing  either of the labels ( 15 or 7 ) with 31 will 
match the original "Label mask".  However if the result of the AND 
operation 'HAD' to match the TID from the message rather than the  
"Label mask"  then of course the ASP  would have to register for an 
exact label.  Is this what was intended?

Also :
How will the ASP register for a range of TID LABELS?
Is the ASP expected to send an ASPAC for every possible TID  for which 
it is interested?
Can the ASP register for more than one "Label mask"?
Should 'logically ANDed' be  bitwise AND ?

Also from section 2.11.3  'Solution description'

"   An ASP that registers a label will be sent only those TID-bearing
   messages that match its label.  An ASP that does not register a label
   may be sent any TID-bearing message."

If a loadshare  AS contains an ASP pool and all  ASPs have registered  
TID labels, a message is received with a TID  which  does not match any 
of those registered, should the message  then be discarded?

Best Regards,   Warren

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran