Subject: [sigtran] M2UA - asp inactive procedures

From: Joerg Simm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:11:11 +0200

Hello to all,
reading the rfc3331 I have a problem with a part of '4.3.4.4 ASP Inactive
Procedures'. 

"In the case where an ASP is processing the traffic for more than one
Application Server across a common SCTP association, the ASP Inactive
message contains one or more Interface Identifiers to indicate for which
Application Servers the ASP Inactive message applies."

Does that mean that:
- the ASP Inactive message applies for all interface identifiers assigned to
a ASP-AS-relation that is indicated by (at least) one interface identifier
contained in the message or
- the ASP Inactive message applies only for the interface ientifiers
contained in the message.

I'm afaid that the first statement is the right one...

Greetings and thanks in advance,
Joerg Simm

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:23:19 -0600

Joerg,

Yes, I believe the first statement is correct.  The ASP Inactive message
was meant to apply to the ASP-AS relation rather than singling out IIDs
from a bunch.

--brian

Joerg Simm wrote:                                 (Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:11:11)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:38:33 -0600

Sunita,

The protocol is not intended to correct misconfiguration of peers.

--brian

Sunita Bhagwat wrote:                           (Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:11:26)
> 
>    Brian,
>    Since  M2UA does not directly handle IID misconfigurations between the
>    SGP  and  MGC,  the ASP Active and Inactive msgs can be used to handle
>    any config errors.
>    For  eg,  if the SGP has IIDs 100-200 configured, and the MGC has IIDs
>    100-150  configured,  sending  the  ASP active with all these IIDs (or
>    atleast having these IIDs in the ASP Active Ack from the SG) will make
>    sure the two are in sync. Sending only the ASP Active without the IIDs
>    would not resolve this, unless there is some other way I have missed.
>    In  this  case, the IID list would mean we single out the IIDs sent in
>    the ASP Active/Inactive message.
>    Regards,
>    Sunita
>    On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 16:53, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
> 
> Joerg,
> 
> > [1]https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran
> 
> References
> 
>    1. https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/