Subject: [Sigtran] Address Indicator

From: "Karl, Sherry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:57:42 -0500

We seem to have a couple of different interpretations of section
3.10.2.2 Address Indicator in SUA RFC.   

If the Routing Indicator is set to "2 - Route on SSN + PC" and SSN & PC
are present in the Calling/Called Party parameters from the SS7 message
should the Address indicator be set to "2" or "3"?  Does the fact that
the Routing Indicator is set to 2 imply that SSN must be included in the
SUA message or does this bit (SSN) need to be set as well in the address
indicator?

Thanks,

Sherry Karl

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:33:44 -0600

Karl,,

Karl, Sherry wrote:                                                                  (Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:57:42)
>    If  the  Routing Indicator is set to "2 - Route on SSN + PC" and SSN &
>    PC  are  present  in  the Calling/Called Party parameters from the SS7
>    message  should  the Address indicator be set to "2" or "3"?

Bit 1 = 1 SSN Present
Bit 2 = 1 PC Present
Bit 3 = 0 GT Absent

"3"

>    Does the
>    fact  that  the  Routing  Indicator is set to 2 imply that SSN must be
>    included  in  the SUA message or does this bit (SSN) need to be set as
>    well in the address indicator?

Set the bit.

An Address Indicator of 2 in the SG->ASP direction does not make much sense
(just as does 0).  In the SG->ASP direction "[t]he address indicator specifies
what address parameters are actually received in the SCCP address from the
SS7 network..."  I think that's quite clear.  What it does _not_ say is that
one bit will even imply another.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/