Subject: [Sigtran] RFC 4129 on Digital Private Network Signaling System (DPNSS)/Digital Access Signaling System 2 (DASS 2) Extensions to the IUA Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:27:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4129

        Title:      Digital Private Network Signaling System (DPNSS)/
                    Digital Access Signaling System 2 (DASS 2)
                    Extensions to the IUA Protocol
        Author(s):  R. Mukundan, K. Morneault, N. Mangalpally
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 29034
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4129.txt

This document defines a mechanism for backhauling Digital Private
Network Signaling System 1 (DPNSS 1) and Digital Access Signaling
System 2 (DASS 2) messages over IP by extending the ISDN User
Adaptation (IUA) Layer Protocol defined in RFC 3057.  DPNSS 1,
specified in ND1301:2001/03 (formerly BTNR 188), is used to
interconnect Private Branch Exchanges (PBX) in a private network.
DASS 2, specified in BTNR 190, is used to connect PBXs to the
PSTN.  This document aims to become an Appendix to IUA and to be
the base for a DPNSS 1/DASS 2 User Adaptation (DUA) implementation.

This document is a product of the Signaling Transport Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran