Subject: [Sigtran] FW: RFC 4165 on Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 2 (MTP2)- User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer (M2PA)

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 02:59:36 -0400

Hi Folks,

I know people have been waiting for this for a long time!  Thanks to the
editors, esp. Tom George as main editor, for their long and hard work
to get M2PA completed.

Cheers,

L. Ong

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 2:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4165 on Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 2
(MTP2)- User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer (M2PA)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4165

        Title:      Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 2
                    (MTP2) - User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer (M2PA)
        Author(s):  T. George, B. Bidulock, R. Dantu, H. Schwarzbauer,
                    K. Morneault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 114669
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4165.txt

This document defines a protocol supporting the transport of Signaling
System Number 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part (MTP) Level 3 signaling
messages over Internet Protocol (IP) using the services of the Stream
Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  This protocol would be used
between SS7 Signaling Points using the MTP Level 3 protocol.  The SS7
Signaling Points may also use standard SS7 links using the SS7 MTP Level
2 to provide transport of MTP Level 3 signaling messages.  The protocol
operates in a manner similar to MTP Level 2 so as to provide
peer-to-peer communication between SS7 endpoints.

This document is a product of the Signaling Transport Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be added to or
deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should be sent to
[email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending an
EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:47:24 -0500

A lot of people gave me help and suggestions on this. Thanks to all of you.

tomG.

Ong, Lyndon wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Tom George in Plano, TX