Subject: [Sigtran] Generating DUNA/DAVA messages from ASP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:38:17 +0530

In draft3,  the state change at ASP is reported to the peer using the
SCMG message . Since SCMG message type is removed in RFC 3868 , 

is it possible for the ASP to send DUNA/DAVA messages after receiving an
ASP_ACTIVE_ACK message from its peer , to indicate the state change? 

Regards,

Khaja Sheriff

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:53:07 -0600

khaja.sheriff,

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, [email-masked] wrote:

>    is   it   possible   for   the   ASP   to   send   DUNA/DAVA  messages
>    after receiving an  ASP_ACTIVE_ACK message from its peer , to indicate
>    the state change?

Yes, the DUNA/DAVA messaes correspond to N-STATE and N-PCSTATE primitives,
which also correspond to SSA/SSP SCMG messages.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦