Subject: [Sigtran] RFC3332: RC in DAVA Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:36:12 +0530

Hi !!

I am currently involved in configuration of SGW to AS(doing this type of 
configuration for first time) & need following clarification as I cannot 
pick this out in clear way from RFC.

Scenario:

- AS sends DAUD to SGW without Routing Context
- AS receives DAVA with routing context parameter.The contents are tag 
id & length of the parameter without any value.In this case the length 
is 4 bytes (2 bytes for tag id & 2 bytes for length field itself)

Question:

Since AS has not sent a RC in DAUD, i assume the field should not be 
received in DAVA.Is my assumption inline with RFC ?

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards,Madhavan

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Samuel Dur D. Jeyaseelan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:00:58 -0600 (CST)

Madhavan,

pls see my comments inline.

--Samuel

  Alcatel USA, Inc.                  Internet: <userid>@ssd.usa.alcatel.com
  1000 Coit Road, Plano, Texas 75075
  ******* The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc. *******

> received in DAVA.Is my assumption inline with RFC ?
RC is a 'conditional' parameter that means it is very much needed when an
ASP serves more than one AS. In your case if the received RC does not find
any match in the static or dynamic databases then it is appropriate to
send an ERROR msg to SGW.