Subject: RE: [Sigtran] Congestion in M3UA/SUA and the use of the SCON

From: "Haresign Lincoln" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:02:26 -0400

Brian,

If I'm reading the SUA RFC correctly (section 3.10.2), there is no
requirement to put the DPC in the address when using GT.  There are a
variety of other scenarios also where no PC is required.

Regards,
Lincoln

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian F. G. Bidulock [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 1:58 PM
To: Haresign Lincoln
Cc: Tolga Asveren; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] Congestion in M3UA/SUA and the use of the SCON

Lincoln,

Again: The SG places the DPC in every CL message it sends to the ASP.
When a message triggers congestion at the ASP, copy this address to the
SCON.  The ASP is capable of doing that.  They are mandatory.  This was
discussed before, check the archives.

As regards concerned addresses, knowing which concerned addresses to
notify is a responsibility of the SCCP layer at the SG, not the
responsibility of the SUA shim at the ASP.  Congestion might occur at
the SUA shim at the ASP, but large quantities of essenstial SCCP
configuration data should certainly not be stored there.  They are not
included.  This was discussed before, check the archives.

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:26:29 -0600

Haresign,

Haresign Lincoln wrote:                                                           (Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:02:26)
> variety of other scenarios also where no PC is required.

You will not see a requirement for the protocol to be useful either.

To be useful for SS7 SCCP, final GTT must be performed before a message
reaches its endpoint.  SUA permits relay nodes, that either have final
GTT performed ahead of them (MTP3 Relay) or perform GTT themselves (SCCP
Relay).  This is how SS7 SCCP works.  Were you not aware?

SUA is used to transparently transport SS7 SCCP, not to invent a brand
new protocol, addressing scheme, network manangement, or configuration.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/