Subject: [Sigtran] SUA: Routing Indicator in SUA RFC3868 and Q.713

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:40:49 +0530

All,

The routing indicator values for SCCP and SUA differ:

As per ITU Q.713, Sec 3.4.1:

Bit 7 of the address indicator octet contains routing information
identifying

which address element shall be used for routing, and is encoded as
follows:

Bit

7

1 Route on SSN

0 Route on GT

As per RFC 3868, Section 3.10.2.1. Routing Indicator

The following values are valid for the routing indicator:

      Reserved                      0

      Route on Global Title         1

      Route on SSN + PC             2

      Route on Hostname             3

      Route on SSN + IP Address     4

Question:

At the SUA layer when we receive a message from the SCCP user we decode
the routing indicator as per Q.713 

and when we receive a message from the SCTP we decode the routing
indicator as per RFC 3868.

However in a IPSP-IPSP configuration how does an SCCP user send a
message to the SUA with dest IP Address/Hostname. 

Since the SCCP user can only fill routing indicators(1-Route on SSN/
0-Route on GT)? What routing indicator would be used?

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:30:58 -0600

varadaraj.yatirajula,

An SCCP User can always specify destination point code, that is
the choices for SCCP are PC+SSN or GT.

An SCCP User never specifies Hostname or SSN+IP Address, only
an SUAP does.  An SUAP is a specialized kind of user that
understands how to specify things like Hostname and SSN+IP
Address.  It has no parallel in any standards specification.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                 (Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:40:49)
>    At  the  SUA  layer  when  we  receive a message from the SCCP user we
>    decode the routing indicator as per Q.713
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/