Subject: RE: [Sigtran] Congestion in M3UA/SUA and the use of the SCON

From: "Haresign Lincoln" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:16:10 -0400

Brian,

If we have a single SUA SG, and the AS's register for just SSN, or
perhaps SSN and a single GT (or range of GTs), why do we need to specify
the PC?

There are some network architectures that Do Not require your ASP have
knowledge of point code.  This knowledge is additional and unnecessary
provisioning that operators want to avoid.

Regards,
Linconl

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian F. G. Bidulock [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:01 PM
To: Haresign Lincoln
Cc: Tolga Asveren; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] Congestion in M3UA/SUA and the use of the SCON

Lincoln,

Haresign Lincoln wrote:                        (Tue, 11 Oct 2005
13:52:25)
> 
> I'm not sure what you mean by "MUST be included in the source and 
> destination addresses of the Registration Request".  Are you referring

> to the PC?  Can you please point out where in the SUA RFC it indicates

> this?  I couldn't find it.

I am proposing that it be included in the I-G because the SG cannot
route messages without it.

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:31:06 -0600

Haresign,

Haresign Lincoln wrote:                                                            (Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:16:10)
> perhaps SSN and a single GT (or range of GTs), why do we need to specify

To keep messages sent to the same subsystem number from being looped back.

Also so that SG knows what point code to put in the OPC field of
outgoing SCCP messages (because your SCCP-User does not know its own
point code and will obviously therefore not include it in the source
address parameter in messages sent to the SG.)

Also, so that the SG can perform proper SCCP management (management of the
SCCP-SAPs, which contain MTP-SAPs, which contain point codes).

> provisioning that operators want to avoid.

Managing and provisioning Global Titles and translation types is more
problematic than Point Codes.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/