Subject: [Sigtran] SUA : When to send DUPU messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:15:07 +0530

Hi, 

     In RFC 3868, the DUPU messages  are being sent when the user part
is unavailable. But it seems like that the DUNA messages are being sent
to convey that the destination is not reachable .

Please clarify under what conditions DUPU message will be sent by the
peer.

Thanks and Regards

Khaja Sheriff 

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:25:22 -0700

khaja.sheriff,

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, [email-masked] wrote:

>    is  unavailable.  But  it  seems like that the DUNA messages are being
>    sent to convey that the destination is not reachable .
> 

Under these conditions:

   0    remote SCCP unavailable, reason unknown;
   1    remote SCCP unequipped;
   2    remote SCCP inaccessible;

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦