Subject: [Sigtran] Query on ASP capabilties tag in SUA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:28:20 +0530

Hi

I have a query regarding the ASP capabilities tag in the in Registration
Request message.

How do we use the interworking field in the tag.

Can the interworking field be used to make the SUA behave as a relay
node.

If that is the case how do we make SUA behave as a relay node, if we  do
static configuration of routing keys(i.e. no registration request is
sent).

Regards

Rafiq Singh

Project Engineer

Voice and Next Generation Networks

Wipro Technologies

Mobile: +91-9342530455

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:58:01 -0700

rafiq.singh,

[email-masked] wrote:                                                   (Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:28:20)
> 
>    Hi
> 
> 
>    I  have  a  query  regarding  the  ASP  capabilities  tag  in  the  in
>    Registration Request message.
> 

No, it is used to report whether the ASP is behaving as a relay node.

> 
>    If  that  is the case how do we make SUA behave as a relay node, if we
>    do  static  configuration of routing keys(i.e. no registration request
>    is sent).

If you do static configuration, and the SG requires knowledge of the ASP
capabilities, they will have to be provisioned with the Routing Key.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/