Subject: [Sigtran] SUA: Routing Context for CL and CO messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:37:55 +0530

In the SUA RFC, the RC parm in CO and CL messages seems to indicate

that multiple routing contexts values can be present. However this does
not look to be

correct as the message should logically be received from or sent to a
unique AS (or routing context)

Can someone clarify this?

>From RFC:

3.2.1.  Connectionless Data Transfer (CLDT)

   This message transfers data between one SUA to another.

    0                   1                   2                   3

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   |          Tag = 0x0006         |            Length             |

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   /                       Routing Context                         /

   \                                                               \

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:23:13 -0700

varadaraj.yatirajula,

Yes, although the parameter supports multiple RCs, CO and CL messages
should only contain one RC.  Another for the IG.

--brian

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, [email-masked] wrote:

>    that  multiple  routing  contexts  values can be present. However this
>    does not look to be
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦