Subject: [Sigtran] Clarification on CLDT CORE broadcast.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:36:10 +0530

Hi Brian, 

There seems to be a discrepancy in the RFC relating to Broadcasting a
message for a CLDT req and CORE request,

Section 4.3.4.3. page 70  says 

   Whenever an ASP in a Broadcast mode AS becomes ASP-ACTIVE, the SGP
   MUST tag the first DATA message broadcast in each traffic flow with a
   unique Correlation Id parameter.  The purpose of this Correlation Id
   is to permit the newly active ASP to synchronize its processing of
   traffic in each traffic flow with the other ASPs in the broadcast
   group.
 
Section 3.9.19 Page 71
   The Correlation ID is a 32-bit identifier that is attached to CLDT
   messages to indicate to a newly entering ASP in a Broadcast AS where
   in the traffic flow of CLDT messages the ASP is joining.  It is
   attached to the first CLDT message sent to an ASP by an SG after
   sending an ASP Active Ack or otherwise starting traffic to an ASP.
   The Correlation ID is only significant within a Routing Context.
 
The query is whether the Broadcasting takes place for both CORE and CLDT
or only CLDT?

Regards,

Partha. 

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:02:00 -0700

partha.dey,

I have no idea why it says CLDT in section 3.9.19.  I suppose it is a
correction for the SUA IG.  Correlation Id in this way is used for all
CO and CL messages.

For this and additional uses of Correlation Id for SUA and other UAs,
see:

    http://www.openss7.org/docs/draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-04.txt
    http://www.openss7.org/docs/draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-04.ps
    http://www.openss7.org/docs/draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-04.pdf

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                  (Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:36:10)
> The query is whether the Broadcasting takes place for both CORE and CLDT or onl
> y CLDT?
> 
> 
> 
>    Regards,
> 
>    Partha.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/