Subject: [Sigtran] SUA No. of Affectde Point Codes in SCON Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:15:27 +0530

Hi , 

In RFC 3868, the structure of the SCON message  indicates that there
could be a list of Affected Point Codes , but only one congestion level
value.

Is it possible for the SCON message to have many PCs having same level
of congestion ?

 If different PCs are having different congestion levels, do we need to
send an SCON for each congested Point code .

Khaja Sheriff

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:54:09 -0700

khaja.sheriff,

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, [email-masked] wrote:

>    could  be  a  list  of  Affected Point Codes , but only one congestion
>    level value.

Yes.

>    Is it possible for the SCON message to have many PCs having same level

Yes.

> 
>     If  different  PCs are having different congestion levels, do we need
>    to send an SCON for each congested Point code .

Yes.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦