Subject: [Sigtran] SUA support for decoupled operation without final GTT at the SG

From: Ilie Glib <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:21:12 +0100

Hello Brian, SIGTRAN community,

as far as I can see from the SIGTRAN archive the support for decoupled
operation without final GTT at the SG has been considered at early SUA
stages.

I find this proposal very useful. Brian, according to the mail archive
you were the only proponent of this idea.

Has it ever materialized into a description?

Thank you in advance

--
Ilie

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:27:17 -0700

Ilie,

There is a ladder in the mail archive under the subject

 "RE: [SUA Issue 14] Changes and additions required for decoupled operation"

throughout September 2001.  This was Issue 14 at last call on SUA.  A
CO registration proposal was presented there that was initially placed
in the SUA draft and then removed by the Editor (John) and the current
Editor of the SUA I-G (Gery).

Although a workable proposal was presented at the time, the issue was
never fully addressed.

If you want an SCTP-based protocol that works for SCCP, use Q.2220 over
Q.2150.3 instead of SUA.

--brian

Ilie Glib wrote:                          (Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:21:12)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/