Subject: [Sigtran] Responses to SGPs

From: Ilie Glib <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:51:52 +0100

Hello Folks

Section
1.5.2.  Address Mapping at the ASP

says

   An ASP routes responses to the SGP that it received messages from.
   The response will utilize the routing context from the received
   messages.

What messages are meant by "response" in this context?

I assume these are response messages triggered by SUA layer itself
(like CLDR, ERROR, etc.). Response messages sent by SCCP/SUA users can
be sent to any SGP, unless they use CO Service.

Apropos, how can it be guaranted that CO messages go to the same SGP?
Shall there be a DRN label per SGP?

Thank you in advance
--
Ilie

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 02:15:51 -0700

Ilie,

Please see comments below...

Ilie Glib wrote:                       (Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:51:52)
> What messages are meant by "response" in this context?

Gee, probably messages sent by the AS.

> be sent to any SGP, unless they use CO Service.

SUA users do not choose the SGP, the SUA layer at the ASP does.

> Shall there be a DRN label per SGP?

The passage just says that the ASP routes back to the same SGP.  It does
not mean that the earth will stop in its rotation if the ASP uses
another SGP for which it is active (or another SG for that matter).

Switching SGPs is more complicated. See draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-03.txt.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/