Subject: [Sigtran] DUNA applies to SG as a whole

From: Ilie Glib <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:39:00 +0100

Hello Folks

Let's consider an SG with multiple SGPs.

RFC 3868 says (1.2.2.  Terminology)

   Where an SG contains more than one SGP, the
   SG is a logical entity and the contained SGPs are assumed to be
   coordinated into a single management view to the SS7 network and to
   the supported Application Servers.

I interpret this statement so that SGPs of the same SG have identical
connectivity to SS7 NW, in particular DUNA, DAVA messages sent from
one SGP apply to all SGPs of this SG. Thus if an SGP sends a DUNA to
an ASP, the ASP assumes that Affected SPC is unavailable through the
SG, and this applies to all SGPs in the SG.

section 3.4.1.  of SUA RFC says

3.4.1.  Destination Unavailable (DUNA)

   The DUNA message
   is sent from the SG or relay node to all concerned ASPs (servicing
   SCCP-users considered local to the SG or relay node, see chapter
   1.3.1.1), when a destination or SCCP-user has become unreachable. The
   SUA-User at the ASP is expected to stop traffic to the affected
   destination or SCCP-user through the SG or relay node initiating the
   DUNA.

Here SG is mentioned. Thus in case of multiple SGPs DUNA applies to SG
as a whole. The same is valid for DUPU, and DAVA.

Is this reading of the RFC statements correct?

thank you in advance

--
Ilie

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:37:11 -0700

Ilie,

Ilie Glib wrote:                                                      (Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:39:00)
> Is this reading of the RFC statements correct?

Yes.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/