Subject: [Sigtran] RFC 4233 - IUA - TEI status Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:51:11 +0100

Here are my questions :

RFC 4233 # 3.3.3.3 TEI Status Messages (Request, Confirm, and Indication)

The TEI Status messages are exchanged between IUA layer peers to
   request, confirm, and indicate the status of a particular TEI

Q1 : what do you mean by "Status"
-> is it the status of the Data Link for a particular TEI (SABME / UA + 
RR)
-> or is it the TEI affectation as defined in Q.921 #5.3 (Identity request 
/ Identity assigned)

Q2 : what is the difference between "TEI Status Message (Request)" (cf 
3.3.3.3)
and "TEI Query Message (Request)" ? (cf 3.3.3.4).

thank you

Reynald

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran