Subject: [Sigtran] RFC 4166 on Telephony Signalling Transport over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Applicability Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:18:44 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4166

        Title:      Telephony Signalling Transport over Stream 
                    Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Applicability
                    Statement 
        Author:     L. Coene,  J. Pastor-Balbas
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46659
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sigtran-signalling-over-sctp-applic-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4166.txt

This document describes the applicability of the several protocols
developed under the signalling transport framework.  A
description of the main issues regarding the use of the Stream Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and an explanation of each adaptation layer
for transport of telephony signalling information over IP infrastructure
are given.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4166

        Title:      Telephony Signalling Transport over Stream 
                    Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Applicability
                    Statement 
        Author:     L. Coene,  J. Pastor-Balbas
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46659
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sigtran-signalling-over-sctp-applic-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4166.txt

This document describes the applicability of the several protocols
developed under the signalling transport framework.  A
description of the main issues regarding the use of the Stream Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and an explanation of each adaptation layer
for transport of telephony signalling information over IP infrastructure
are given.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran