Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA - "Invalid Stream Identifier" error

From: "Gilman, Olga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:47:36 -1000

Hi all,

I would really appreciate if somebody would bother to answer maybe a stupid
question.

 According to RFC 3332 SSNM, ASPTM classes and BEAT, BEAT ACK and NTFY
messages can be sent on any stream. 

  On the other hand, 3.8.1 of RFC 3332 can be reffered
"The "Invalid Stream Identifier" error is sent if a message is received on
an unexpected SCTP stream (e.g., a Management message was received on a
stream other than "0")."

So, the question is: Should "Invalid Stream Identifier" error be sent if an
ASPTM message is received on stream 2 or it should not? Is it wrong to send
the error message or it is OK?

Thank you,
Olga Gilman
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:17:06 -0700

Gilman,,

Just send an error for ASPSM message other than BEAT, BEAT ACK and NTFY if
they appear on a stream other than stream '0'.  (At one point these were
all sent on stream '0' and thus the statemnet.  Wasn't this caught in the IG?
I thought it was...)

--brian

Gilman, Olga wrote:                                                (Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:47:36)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/