Subject: [Sigtran] Gap between rfc2719 and M2UA

From: "Савин Константин" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:41:35 +0300

Hello,
my name is Stan and I'm an engineer in telecommunication. Now I'm
interesting in M2UA protocol and have found some gap between
rfc2719(Framework Architecture...) and rfc3331(M2UA) in a part of SG-to-SG
interrogation. In section 3.5 case2 of rfc2719 there is some picture where
two SG's interoperate by some SIGTRAN protocol based on the second layer of
SS7 stack and neither SG has MTP3 layer. So I can't understand what the
protocol is, because if it's a M2UA than how will be the ASP? and if it's a
M2PA than why there is no information about the MTP3 layer on the SG's? Can
you please answer to my question?

Best regards

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:52:30 -0700

óÁ×ÉÎ,

Case 2 corresponds to neither M2UA nor M2PA.  There have been proprietary
specifications for such a protocol, and it is not too difficult to modify
M2PA to work in this mode.  Nevertheless, it was not made a working group
item and there are no drafts for such a protocol.

--brian

óÁ×ÉÎ ëÏÎÓÔÁÎÔÉÎ wrote:                          (Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:41:35)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "????? ??????????" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:07:45 +0300

Thank you very much, Brian!
But can you tell me is there any universal or even most popular protocol for
SG interoperation in case of IP-bridging for SS7 (SS7->SG1->IP->SG2->SS7)?
---Stan

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:45:41 -0700

?????,

There is no standard protocol of which I am aware.  Proprietary
solutions exist, but, this is not the place to discuss
proprietary solutions.  If you send me a mail directly, off
list, I can discuss them with you.

--brian

????? ?????????? wrote:                            (Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:07:45)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/