Subject: [Sigtran] Test 4.4 when testing M3UA at SGP

From: "Trentadue, Tim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:53:27 -0600

The PURPOSE and TEST DESCRIPTION.3 of this test seem to contradict each
other and I'm hoping somebody can clarify.

PURPOSE states "and ASP state is moved to ASP-Inactive" - I assume this
is from the perspective of SGP

DESCRIPTION.3 states "State of ASP should not change to ASP Inactive" -
I assume this too is from the perspective of the SGP. If so, it
contradicts the PURPOSE, right?

       + TEST NUMBER : 4.4

       + TITLE : Invalid Message Handling

       + SUBTITLE : ASPUP message in ASP-Active state

       + PURPOSE: To check that if ASPUP message is received in
ASP-Active
         state then ACK message is sent to AS and ASP
         state is moved to ASP-Inactive.

       + TEST CONFIGURATION: A

       + PRE-TEST CONDITIONS: SCTP association is established between
SGP and
         ASP and ASP1 is Active. Arrange the data in AS such that ASPUP
         message is sent to the SGP on stream 0.

        EXPECTED MESSAGE SEQUENCE :
         ASP                           SGP             SM + NIF
                                     ASP is Active

        ASPUP      ---------------->

                   <---------------   ASP-Up-Ack

                                        Status Ind -------> AS Inactive

                   <---------------   Error
                                      (Unexpected Message)

        ASPAC      ---------------->
                                        Status Ind ------->

                   <---------------   ASP-Active-Ack

       TEST DESCRIPTION:
       1. Send ASPUP message to the SGP in ASP-Active state.
       2. Check A: An Error message with parameter Unexpected Message
should
          be received at ASP.
       3. Check B: State of ASP should not change to ASP Inactive. Send
ASPAC
          message with correct Type (Type is same as defined at SGP for
the
          AS) and routing context P to the SGP and SGP should send
          ASP-Active-Ack.

Tim Trentadue

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:48:05 -0500

Tim,

I don't know which document this test case is from but I assume it is one of
the drafts prepared for interoperability testings(?), so I believe it is a
safer approach to refer to RFC/IG rather than to such drafts.

4.3.4.1 from M3UA IG
  If an ASP Up message is received and internally the remote ASP is in
   the ASP-ACTIVE state, an ASP Up Ack message is returned, as well as,
   an Error message ("Unexpected Message).  In addition, the remote ASP
   state is changed to ASP-INACTIVE in all relevant Application Servers
   and all registered Routing Keys are considered deregistered.

The above is the current officially expected behavior.

Note for IG update: Figure 3 misses this transition.

   Thanks,
   Tolga

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Trentadue, Tim
> Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:53 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sigtran] Test 4.4 when testing M3UA at SGP
>
>