Subject: [Sigtran] RCT Question

From: "Erickson, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:41:42 -0600

All:

I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding congestion and
congestion status from different perspectives.  In reviewing the thread
histories, I've tried to understand why an RCT isn't translated into a
message the SGP then forwards on to the ASP but rather is terminated at
the SGP, however some of the threads are pretty involved.  Can anyone
summarize what the reasoning was for this?

Thanks,

Mark Erickson

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:27:12 -0500

Mark,

The main reason is RTC is used/consumed/processed by MTP3 and MTP3 is
terminated in a SG -even for cases where AS has a different PC then the PC
of SG, which is directly connected to SS7 network-.

    Thanks,
    Tolga
-----Original Message-----
From: Erickson, Mark [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 3:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] RCT Question

All:

I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding congestion and congestion
status from different perspectives.  In reviewing the thread histories, I've
tried to understand why an RCT isn't translated into a message the SGP then
forwards on to the ASP but rather is terminated at the SGP, however some of
the threads are pretty involved.  Can anyone summarize what the reasoning
was for this?

Thanks,
Mark Erickson