Subject: RE: [Sigtran] ASP-->SG DAVA in SUA

From: "Saurabh Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:28:35 +0530

Hi,
The ongoing discussion, suggests that SGP can never receive a DAVA message.
However, consider the scenario of two separate SS7 networks connected to
each other via two SGs.
In such a case won't the two SGs be sending DUNA/DAVA messages to each
other?

rgds
Saurabh

Hi Brian,

Yes, you're right

BR, Santi.

-----Original Message-----

From: Brian F. G. Bidulock [mailto:[email-masked]]

Sent: viernes, 26 de mayo de 2006 0:32

To: Santiago Muñoz (E2/EEM)

Cc: Salil Agrawal; [email-masked]

Subject: Re: [Sigtran] ASP-->SG DAVA in SUA

Santiago,

I would think that ERROR("Unexpected Message") with the message class and
type of the receive DAVA message would be more appropriate than silent
discard.

--brian

Santiago Muñoz (E2/EEM) wrote: (Thu, 25 May 2006 14:55:06)

> Hi Salil & Brian,

> I agree with Brian, ASP never sends DAVA to SGPs. In case of a SGP
receiving a DAVA it should be silently discarded.

> BR, Santi.

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Brian F. G. Bidulock [mailto:[email-masked]]

> Sent: jueves, 25 de mayo de 2006 8:30

> To: Salil Agrawal

> Cc: [email-masked]

> Subject: Re: [Sigtran] ASP-->SG DAVA in SUA

> Salil,

> The ASP does not send DAVA to the SG. DAVA only relates to remote SCCP and
SCCP subsystems. For which SCCP subsystems the SG sends SSA is determined by
the routing key associated with the AS for which the ASP has activated and
the state of other ASPs in the AS.

> --brian

> Salil Agrawal wrote: (Thu, 25 May 2006 10:14:18)

> > Hi,

> > In case of SUA, Can ASP sends DAVA messages to SGP after receiving

> > Asp Active Ack message. However RFC 3868 does not show DAVA messages

> > from ASP to SGP direction.

> > What should be the action at SGP when it receives the DAVA message

> > from ASP?

> > Thanks,

> > Salil

> > _______________________________________________

> > Sigtran mailing list

> > [email-masked]

> > https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

> --

> Brian F. G. Bidulock

> [email-masked]

> http://www.openss7.org/

> _______________________________________________

> Sigtran mailing list

> [email-masked]

> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

--

Brian F. G. Bidulock

[email-masked]

http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________

Sigtran mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:36:31 -0600

Saurabh,

The original question was DAVA sent from ASP to SG (not SG to SG).

--brian

Saurabh Jain wrote:                             (Mon, 29 May 2006 10:28:35)
>    However,  consider the scenario of two separate SS7 networks connected
>    to each other via two SGs.
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

tp://www.openss7.org/

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:36:31 -0600

Saurabh,

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/