Subject: [Sigtran] m2pa invalid FSN.

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:34:58 +0530

Hi,

In earlier version of m2pa rfc there was validation of FSN and BSN. Now 
with latest m2pa RFC 4465, the invalid FSN value message is discarded. 
and the origator of that invalid FSN message will expire his T7 timer 
and take link to out of service.

Is there any provision m2pa to ack the received invalid FSN message and 
then discard, so that the other end stops the T7 timer for this message, 
and hence the link is not taken to out of service?
Please clarify...

Thanks,
devayya

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Craig, Jeffrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 06:47:31 -0500

Hello Devayya,

> and hence the link is not taken to out of service?

No. M2PA must not ACK a message containing an invalid FSN. RFC4165
allows an
M2PA implementation to fail the link upon receiving a user data message
containing invalid FSN. This would be an alternative to the link being
failed later (T7 expiry) by the sender of the offending message.

Regards,

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: devayya [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] m2pa invalid FSN.

Hi,

Thanks,
devayya