Subject: [Sigtran] Routing Context in the M3ua ASPAC message

From: "Bui, MyHanh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:09:44 -0700

Hi All,

In the Internet Draft of Feb, 2006 or RFC 3332, section 4.3.4.3 page 74, I don't see any phrases that match my case:
When receiving the ASP Active message with an invalid Routing context because it doesn' t match what is preconfigured, and the ASP is not marked as ACTIVE yet, what should the SGP do?
I believe it should just send error message with invalid routing context, and NOT responds with the ASP AC ACK.  Please confirm if this is correct?

MyHanh
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:43:58 -0600

Bui,,

RFC 3332, last sentence of the second paragraph at the top of Page 81:

   "... The SGP or IPSP MUST send an ERROR message ("Invalid Routing
   Context") for each Routing Context value that the ASP cannot [sic]
   be successfully activated ."

--brian

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Bui, MyHanh wrote:

> 
>    Hi All,
> 
>    In  the  Internet Draft of Feb, 2006 or RFC 3332, section 4.3.4.3 page
>    74, I don't see any phrases that match my case:
>    When  receiving the ASP Active message with an invalid Routing context
>    because  it  doesn'  t match what is preconfigured, and the ASP is not
>    marked as ACTIVE yet, what should the SGP do?
> 
>    I  believe  it  should  just  send  error message with invalid routing
>    context, and NOT responds with the ASP AC ACK.  Please confirm if this
>    is correct?
> 
>    MyHanh

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦