Subject: [Sigtran] Re: doubts in PROCESSOR OUTAGE of M2PA

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:59:01 -0600

Bibhuti,

Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh wrote:                    (Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:18:34)
> 
>    When  the  link becomes PROCESSOR RECOVERRED will the LPO end send the
>    ACK  of  the received and buffered messages? We can send single ACK to
>    acknowledge all buffered items.

Yes, if the link is resumed by MTP3 without clearing buffers.  No, otherwise.

>    Will  these messages from buffer will be delivered to its ULP(MTP3) if
>    no clear buffer command comes before PROCESSOR_RECOVERRED?

Yes, but the actual sequence between MTP2 and MTP3 depends on the national
variant.

>    Should we deliver the packets in RPO stage to ULP?

Yes.

>    The  sender  of PROCESSOR_OUTAGE will start T1 timer. If the processor
>    is  not  recovered  within  T1  timer  Expiry  the link becomes OUT OF
>    SERVICE. will these received buffers will be cleared in this case.

Yes.

This is all according to MTP2/MTP3 standards.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran