Subject: [Sigtran] Re: Is ACK Will ve sent for Invalid packets?

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 06:37:50 -0600

Bibhuti,

Bibhuti Bhusan Tosh wrote:                  (Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:37:53)
> 
>    Q1   The  M2PA  RFC-4165 section 4.2.1. Sending and Receiving Messages
>    describes the following text for data acknowledgement.

M2PA is no different than MTP2 in this respect.  In the time that it
takes to clear the output channel of other messages, the BSNT could be
updated by the acknowledgement of additional messages received and
processed on the input channel.  So, although the acknowledgement is
immediate, depending on the precise implementation, the acknowledgement
emitted on the wire can acknowledge multiple received messages.

> 
>    Q2  Suppose  We have sent a USERDATA message in M2PA which is found to
>    be  of  incorrect FSN by the peer. In this case the peer will drop the
>    packet.  Is  it  going to send a DATA ACK for this packet with correct
>    FSN/BSN for this?

M2PA is no different than MTP2 in this respect: MTP2 does not
acknowledge invalid FSNs and neither does M2PA.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran