Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA: IPSP: RC configuration

From: "May, Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:31:02 +0100

Hello,

I am struggling to understand the intention for RC configuration between
IPSPs using SE exchange.

Consider  a simple system:
Three IPSPs each with a single AS - PC1, PC2 and PC3.  Each AS has a
signalling relationship with the other two ASs.

The problem:
At an IPSP there should be a 1-1-1 relationship between AS, RK and RC.
So there is no way of configuring the system with a single AS at each
IPSP.

Is it expected that each Point Code will be modelled as a number of ASs,
one for each signalling relationship?

Best Regards

Howard May
Senior Engineer
Intel
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK
+44 (0) 1425 651300 ext: 328
[email-masked]
www.intel.com/go/ss7

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:33:01 -0400

Howard,

RK is supposed to identify the traffic exchanged between two nodes. For
IPSP-SE there are two applications on each side and hence traffic range at
both ends is important (e.g. OPC + DPC). This is different in SGP/ASP
scenario, where an application is present only at ASP, so only DPC is
mandatory for RKs.

Like you have said, for each signaling relationship you will need to have a
unique RK, AS. Please note this is AS from M3UA procedures point of view, it
doesn't mean that you have to have multiple full-blown applications on the
same node, this is to be determined by implementation.

   Thanks,
   Tolga

-----Original Message-----
From: May, Howard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA: IPSP: RC configuration

Hello,
I am struggling to understand the intention for RC configuration between
IPSPs using SE exchange.
Consider  a simple system:
Three IPSPs each with a single AS - PC1, PC2 and PC3.  Each AS has a
signalling relationship with the other two ASs.
The problem:
At an IPSP there should be a 1-1-1 relationship between AS, RK and RC.  So
there is no way of configuring the system with a single AS at each IPSP.
Is it expected that each Point Code will be modelled as a number of ASs, one
for each signalling relationship?
Best Regards
Howard May
Senior Engineer
Intel
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK
+44 (0) 1425 651300 ext: 328
[email-masked]
www.intel.com/go/ss7