Subject: [Sigtran] SCTP data message handling

From: Saraswati Bose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:22:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Brian,
  please suggest in the below
  SCTP-A                                         SCTP-B
  ARWND==4000                                      No fragmentation/bundling to be done
   
              ASSOCIATION ESTABLISHED..
    
                                                               <-----------User Data of size  5000 bytes
  ?? Should endpoint B simply reject the data or send it to peer and peer shound reject the data?
   
  Regards,
  Saraswati

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Ashish Soregaonkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:00:37 +0530

>From RFC2960 Section 6.1

 A) At any given time, the data sender MUST NOT transmit new data to
      any destination transport address if its peer's rwnd indicates
      that the peer has no buffer space (i.e. rwnd is 0, see Section
      6.2.1).  However, regardless of the value of rwnd (including if it
      is 0), the data sender can always have one DATA chunk in flight to
      the receiver if allowed by cwnd (see rule B below).  This rule
      allows the sender to probe for a change in rwnd that the sender
      missed due to the SACK having been lost in transit from the data
      receiver to the data sender.

HTH,
Ashish

On 9/14/06, Saraswati Bose <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>
>
>

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:07:17 -0600

Saraswati,

Saraswati Bose wrote:                           (Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:22:41)
>    ARWND==4000

If the MTU greater than 5000, SWS Avoidance dictates that SCTP-A either
advertize 1 MTU or zero.  SCTP-B after SWS Avoidance should either treat
this as 1 MTU or zero also.

Nevertheless, the other reponse is correct: you can always have one MTU
in flight.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/