Subject: [Sigtran] Re: [Tsvwg] info reqd

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 03:28:26 -0600

devayya,

It think that we had this discussion several times on this
list.  Your question is M2PA related and better discussed on
[email-masked]

As you know, M2PA runs a guard timer (T7) which it appears you
have set (according to Q.703 specifications) to 1 second.
This is a deadline that, if not met by the transport, M2PA
takes the link out of service.

What is happening is that your SCTP implementation coupled
with the setting of SCTP protocol parameters is simply not
meeting that deadline.

I suggest that you consult RFC 3286, RFC 3257 and RFC 4166.
In particular RFC 4166 discusses using signalling transport
over SCTP and some of the issues involved in minimizing
end-to-end delay and speeding failure detection.

In general, you will find that less problems are experienced
with an SCTP implementation that was designed with SIGTRAN in
mind.

--brian

devayya wrote:                                (Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:57:38)
> Hi,
> 
> The initial RTO is set to 500ms. in case sctp. And the Assoc Maximum 
> retransmission error count is set to 3.
> Also the T7 (Delay Ack )timer in m2pa is set to 1000 ms.
> When both end points are sctp multi-homed with 2 valid paths, and when 
> one of the path is brought down the m2pa link is going down due to T7 
> expiry. Can anybody guide me as to what is wrong?
> 
> regards,
> devayya
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran