Subject: [Sigtran] Query on SCTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:41:32 +0530

Hello Everybody,

I want to know about following parameters in SCTP as per RFC 2960:

1. TSN
2. TSN Ack parameter
3. Advertised Receiver Window Credit (a_rwnd) parameters

Can anybody please explain me the use of all these parameters in he SCTP
packets?

Thanks and Regards,

(Embedded image moved to file: pic24084.jpg)

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 02:21:56 -0700

Saumitra.Prabhudesai,

I think that they are adequately described in the RFC.
Nevertheless, ...

[email-masked] wrote:           (Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:41:32)
> I want to know about following parameters in SCTP as per RFC 2960:

A sequence number used to number each and every DATA chunk for an association.
Each new DATA chunk transmitted is given a unique, monotonically increasing
TSN value.

> 2. TSN Ack parameter

The cummulative acknowledgement of DATA chunks.  The TSN Ack point is the
point at which that and all previous TSNs have been successfully received by
a receiver.

> 3. Advertised Receiver Window Credit (a_rwnd) parameters

A flow control parameter used by a receiver to inform the sender of the amount
of receive buffer space that it has available (and to not to have outstanding
--that is, unacknowledged--more than that amount).

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/