Subject: RE: [Sigtran] Question related with DAUD Message

From: "Erickson, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:47:07 -0600

All:

This thread started out with the number of APCs in a DAUD an SG should
be required to support, since the M3UA RFC (and SUA RFC as well) don't
specify any details.  The discussion included limiting factors and
various scenarios, but no clear conclusion seems to have been reached.

So, how about limiting the APCs in this fashion and requiring the SG to
support (at a minimum) this:
1.	The SG shall be required to support at least 128 APCs in the
DAUD.
2.	If RC is included in the message, only 1 RC shall be supported.
3.	If more than one RC is included in the message, the DAUD will be
discarded and an error ('parm length exceeded') returned.
4.	If the SG cannot process all APCs in the DAUD, it will discard
the DAUD and an error ('mgmt blocking') will be returned to indicate its
DAUD handling capacity is being exceeded.  The ASP can/should retry the
DAUD after delaying to allow the SG to process outstanding audits.

Mark

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran