Subject: [Sigtran] Re: Few clarifications on the TUA draft

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:08:01 -0600

jyothirlingam.rudrakshala,

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, [email-masked] wrote:

> 
>    Hi Bidulock,
> 
> 
> 
>    I  am Jyothir and working as a project manager where we invlove in the
>    developmet  of  telecom protocols. I along with one of my froed Pavana
>    are  studying  your  draft and we are struck at various places to move
>    forward. I guess you have time and will encourage us by clarifying our
>    following doubts.
> 
> 
> 
>    1.  You are proposing a different approach by categorising messages in
>    to  DH  and CH whereas I could not find any such implementation in the
>    present TCAP. It looks to be a good approach, but, are you intended to
>    send  these messages to TUA peer on the end independently as both have
>    required header info for sending them across network?

Dialogue handling primitives are described in Table 1/Q.771.  Component
handling primitives are described in Table 2/Q.771.  The categorization is
standard.

>    2.  If  the  answer  is NO for the above, then why CH messages need to
>    have  the  TUA  header and simply all compenents can be inserted in DH
>    messages and DH header is sufficient.

Read Q.771 for proper use of component handling primitives in conjunction with
dialogue handling primitives.

>    3.  Also,  through  which  premitives/messages the  QoS parameters are
>    being received? These are necessary for building SCTP associations. As
>    per my understanding, TC user supposed to provide these.

Read Q.771 section 3.1.2.1, Quality of Service parameter.  The only SCCP QoS
parameters are Return Option and Sequence Control.  These are described in
TUA-05 section 3.11.1.3.

>    4.  Could  you  comment  on  how  it  is being taken care of maintaing
>    Invocation Sate Machine(ISM) and Transaction State Machine(TSM), which
>    are present in TCAP?

Responsibiliy of the TCAP implementation to which TUA interfaces at the SG.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran