Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA Routing Context

From: "Arvind Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:03:24 +0530

Hello!
Any clue will be appriciated.
In my SG, MGC setup,  MGC is sending GRS Msg  to SG with routing context.
while SG is responding with GRA msg. No routing context is filled by SG.
This msg is discarded at softswitch, i think this should not happen because,
routing key has not been co-ordinated between
SGP and ASP, hence sending of routing context is not required, still the msg
is discarded by ASP.
Could anyone please help me when the sending of routing context is mandatory
from SG.

I refered the following lines of RFC 4666.
   "The Routing Context parameter contains the Routing Context value
      associated with the DATA message.  Where a Routing Key has not
      been coordinated between the SGP and ASP, sending of Routing
      Context is not required.  Where multiple Routing Keys and Routing
      Contexts are used across a common association, the Routing Context
      MUST be sent to identify the traffic flow, assisting in the
      internal distribution of Data message"

With Regards,
Arvind
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran