Subject: [Sigtran] RC with IPSP

From: "Lukas Alig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 05:38:24 -0400

Hello,

I have a few questions according RC and IPSP.

1)      Does anybody know if RC in IPSP is mandatory? According to RFC
4666 it is conditional, in some cases optional.

2)      As long as only one ASP will be served over a certain SCTP link,
RC seems not to be mandatory.

3)      If RC is mandatory, in which cases with IPSP would it be
mandatory (messages).

4)      If one AS serves more than one IPSP peer, do we need to
configure RCs?

5)      Is RC in IPSP of Ericsson HLR R12 supported or not? 

Thanks for your inputs.

Lukas Alig

NewNet Communication Technologies, LLC

Phone/VoIP: +41 43 544 07 19
Fax: +41 41 790 40 39
e-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Office: Floraweg 5
CH-6343 Buonas

Switzerland

Notice to Recipient:  This e-mail is confidential and meant only for the
intended recipient[s] of the transmission 

and may be a communication privileged by law.  

If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly

 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and please delete 

this e-mail from your system and destroy any copies.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 03:56:06 -0600

Lukas,

Please see comments inline...

Lukas Alig wrote:                  (Wed, 02 Apr 2008 05:38:24)
> 
>    1)      Does anybody know if RC in IPSP is mandatory? According to
>    RFC 4666 it is conditional, in some cases optional.

For IPSP it is conditional also.

>    2)      As long as only one ASP will be served over a certain SCTP
>    link, RC seems not to be mandatory.

Yes, that would the "condition" in "conditional".

>    3)      If RC is mandatory, in which cases with IPSP would it be

When more than one IPSP (ASP) is served over an SCTP association...

>    4)      If one AS serves more than one IPSP peer, do we need to

Because an AS is _served_ by more than one IPSP does not in itself
required the use of an RC as IPSPs serving the same AS normally have
different associations.

It is when more than one AS is served by a given SCTP association, that
RC is required (to discrimintate to which AS messages belong).

>    5)      Is RC in IPSP of Ericsson HLR R12 supported or not?

This is not the place to discuss vendor-specific implementations.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Ankit Kumar Sharma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:28:59 +0530

Brian,

> When more than one IPSP (ASP) is served over an SCTP association...

I hope you meant, "When more than one AS is served over an SCTP association"

> This is not the place to discuss vendor-specific implementations.

Regards,
Ankit

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:32:04 -0600

Ankit,

Ankit Kumar Sharma wrote:                    (Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:28:59)
>    I hope you meant, "When more than one AS is served over an SCTP
Yes, AS instead of ASP.

--brian