Subject: [Sigtran] IP Address parameter in INIT message

From: "Lukas Alig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:53:06 +0200

Hello,

I have a question re IP address parameter in an INIT message.

If we have a multihomed network, we have 2 IP address parameters in an INIT
message. If we have two IP addresses can one assume that the first is used
as primary network and the second address is used as secondary network for
MH? Is the order of the IP addresses specified in the RFC? Is this only a
list which addresses can be used for Multihoming without any order of them
for first and second network?

Thanks,

Regards,

Lukas

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Michael Tüxen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:10:16 +0200

Hi Lukas,

there is not order defined. All addresses are considered equally, not  
one being
better than the other.

The peer choses one of it as its primary address, but that can change  
over time.

Best regards
Michael

On Jun 27, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Lukas Alig wrote:

> If we have a multihomed network, we have 2 IP address parameters in  
> an INIT message. If we have two IP addresses can one assume that the  
> first is used as primary network and the second address is used as  
> secondary network for MH? Is the order of the IP addresses specified  
> in the RFC? Is this only a list which addresses can be used for  
> Multihoming without any order of them for first and second network?
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
>
> Lukas
>