Subject: [Sigtran] RFC 4666. Discrepancy between chapters 3.8.1 and 4.3.4.3

From: Shmelev Kirill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 06:38:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi experts,

can you clarify what should be answered to the ASPAC message, which contains
one valid and one invalid (unconfigured) RC? According to chapter 3.8.1.
ERROR message with "Invalid Routing Context" should be sent:

"   The "Invalid Routing Context" error is sent if a message is received
   from a peer with an invalid (unconfigured) Routing Context value.
   For this error, the invalid Routing Context(s) MUST be included in
   the Error message."

However, according to chapter 4.3.4.3., ERROR message should include the
Error Code "No configured AS for ASP":

" If the RC parameter is included in the ASP Active message and a
     corresponding RK has not been previously defined (by either static
     configuration or dynamic registration), the peer MUST respond with
     an ERROR message with the Error Code "No configured AS for ASP"."

What is the right variant? And should we include false RC to the proper
parameter of the ERROR message in the second case? Should answer with
ASPAC_ACK on the correct RC and ERROR on the incorrect RC?

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/RFC-4666.-Discrepancy-between-chapters-3.8.1-and-4.3.4.3-tp17903452p17903452.html
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:23:48 -0600

Shmelev,

The first case is for an invalid RC.  If this were the case,
there would be one ASPAC Ack and one ERROR message with the
invalid RC in it.

The second case is for _no_ configured RC.  If this were
the case, there would be one error message with both RC's
in it.

--brian

Shmelev Kirill wrote:                       (Tue, 17 Jun 2008 06:38:19)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/