Subject: [Sigtran] lateral approach to SS7/VoIP over satellite

From: "Rubin Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:50:08 +0200

Dear members, 

I was inspired to submit content in order to explore the potential for
integration of NOP into current revised standards for transmission of SS7
over IP over satellite.

If this content is deemed too commercial for this readership kindly advise
or direct me towards a more appropriate audience; a brief overview of the
concept is included in the text below related to a joint development
successfully completed with ESA (European Space Agency): 
Full details in attached pdf format;

Excerpt
"World Telecom Labs, a Belgian-based developer of Voice over IP (VoIP)
equipment for telecom operators, developed this technology through ESA's
Research in Telecommunications Systems (ARTES) program. The project's
objective was to address the difficulties of carrying VoIP traffic over
shared satellite services, primarily DVB-RCS, to result in a commercially
saleable device allowing telecom operators to deploy a range of
satellite-based commercial services."

Regards,

Rubin Rose

International Account Manager 

Changing the way the World Communicates ............

World Telecom Labs

Diegemstraat 42

B-1930 Zaventem

Belgium

Telephone +32 2 722 7200

Fax +32 2 725 6006

Web http://www.wtl.be

Email [email-masked]

************************************************************************
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this
information, or taking of any action in reliance upon it by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran