Subject: [Sigtran] SCTP Port problem

From: "Agonias, Richard L. \(Digitel-GSM\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:56:18 +0800

Hi Experts,

Good Day!

I've been using SCTP port 2905 for all of my M3UA connections. This is
from my Signaling gateway to my MSC-Servers for the MAP applications.
However, when I tried to create a new one for my new association, it
turned out to be refusing the port 2905. I tried to change it to 2910
and it works. 

My question, is there any limitation in using the SCTP port for M3UA
like it can only be used for 100 connections?

Thanks!

Regards,

richard

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Michael Tüxen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:25:56 +0100

Hi Richard,

from the protocol point, you can use one SCTP end-point to setup  
association
with multiple other SCTP end-points.

However, sometimes there are SCTP implementation limitations...

Best regards
Michael

On Nov 24, 2008, at 2:56 AM, Agonias, Richard L. (Digitel-GSM) wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> Good Day!
>
> I’ve been using SCTP port 2905 for all of my M3UA connections. This  
> is from my Signaling gateway to my MSC-Servers for the MAP  
> applications. However, when I tried to create a new one for my new  
> association, it turned out to be refusing the port 2905. I tried to  
> change it to 2910 and it works.
>