Subject: [Sigtran] [M3UA] Can IPSP client receive ASP UP message

From: Santhana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:06:39 +0530

Hi Brian

            Considering two IPSPs, IPSP A and IPSP B, can any of them
receive ASP UP message for bringing up the ASP.

Does each ASP be able to act as server or client? Does the M3UA RFC mandate
this behavior ? 

Or once it has started operating as Client or server it can stick to that
role. So that the client will always receive ASP UP/DOWN/ACTIVE/INACTIVE ACK
messages and server always receive ASP UP/DOWN/ACTIVE/INACTIVE messages.

If in some implementation an IPSP cannot act as client and server both what
should be the response from the client IPSP when it receives ASP UP message.

Regards

Santhanakrishnan

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 02:34:02 -0600

Santhana,

Santhana wrote:    (Fri, 15 May 2009 11:06:39)
>    receive ASP UP message for bringing up the ASP.

Sure.

>    Does each ASP be able to act as server or client? Does the M3UA RFC
>    mandate this behavior ?

No, it does not mandate that both are able to act as both.

>    Or once it has started operating as Client or server it can stick to
>    that role. So that the client will always receive ASP
>    UP/DOWN/ACTIVE/INACTIVE ACK messages and server always receive ASP
>    UP/DOWN/ACTIVE/INACTIVE messages.

An implementation should be able to stick to one role if it wishes.

>    If in some implementation an IPSP cannot act as client and server both
>    what should be the response from the client IPSP when it receives ASP
>    UP message.

ERROR "Unexpected Message"

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/