Subject: [Sigtran] [M3UA] Routing Context in DATA sent from ASP

From: Santhana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:10:49 +0530

Hi Brian and other experts,

            When Routing Keys and Routing Contexts are provisioned between
ASP and SGP, in the following scenario I have a doubt.

ASP
SGP

                     ASP ACTIVE(RC1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

                     ASP ACTIVE ACK(RC1)

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                     DATA (RC1)

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------
is this mandatory when ASP works for "one AS/multiple AS" ?

                     DATA (RC1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------->
is this necessary to include RC in DATA from ASP to SGP ?

In the ASP ACTIVE and ACTIVE ACK message routing context RC1 is exchanged
between ASP and SGP. Now DATA message is sent from both sides(SGP and ASP). 

When SGP sends a message to ASP, is it "mandatory" to include this RC
parameter ?

When ASP sends a message to SGP, is it "necessary" to include this RC
parameter ?

When ASP is working for only one AS, but still in ASP ACTIVE routing context
RC1 is exchanged, then is it necessary for the DATA message sent from ASP to
carry this RC ?

Waiting for your valuable response.

Regards

Santhanakrishnan

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 06:31:58 -0700

Santhana,

RC is not mandatory (in either direction) when the ASP is configured
to serve a single AS.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/