Subject: [Sigtran] [M3UA] Mgmt Blocking

From: Santhana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:00:01 +0530

Hi

            When the SGP/IPSP is Blocked by the Management, the RFC 4666
says, the SGP/IPSP should return ERROR(Mgmt Block) on receiving ASP UP/ASP
ACTIVE.

But does this Mgmt Block, prohibits sending of ASP UP/ASP ACTIVE also.

I could work out a scenario in IPSP DE mode, where an IPSP is blocked by the
Management in INACTIVE state. Now when it is in INACTIVE state, for any
ACTIVE message received, it returns ERROR (Mgmt Block). But locally can it
send ASP ACTIVE and becomes ACTIVE in one direction. Is this allowed? 

How to define Mgmt Block in IPSP DE mode?

Regards

Santhanakrishnan

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:08:26 -0700

Santhana,

Santhana wrote:                            (Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:00:01)
> 
>    Hi
> 
>                When the SGP/IPSP is Blocked by the Management, the RFC
>    4666 says, the SGP/IPSP should return ERROR(Mgmt Block) on receiving
>    ASP UP/ASP ACTIVE.
> 
>    I could work out a scenario in IPSP DE mode, where an IPSP is blocked
>    by the Management in INACTIVE state. Now when it is in INACTIVE state,
>    for any ACTIVE message received, it returns ERROR (Mgmt Block). But
>    locally can it send ASP ACTIVE and becomes ACTIVE in one direction. Is
>    this allowed?

Yes.  And that is one of the deficiencies of DE mode (that
unidirectional traffic  can result) and one of the reasons
why SE mode is recommended.

>    How to define Mgmt Block in IPSP DE mode?

Yes, that is the way it works.  If that doesn't make much
sense to you, consider using SE mode instead.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/