Subject: [Sigtran] Query related to ASPTM message exchange in IPSP-DE mode

From: Shivi Singh Verma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:32:16 +0530

Hi,
RFC 4666 mentions about special cases in IPSP DE mode.

Following are the excerpts from RFC 4666 section 4.3.1:
---------------------------------------
  Then the transitions in brackets can be used for the IPSP DE model
   communication (DE-IPSPs) and are related to the special cases when
   just one ASP*M messages exchange is needed, as follows:

   - ASPSM messages. When exchanging ASPSM messages using only a single
     exchange (only one request and one acknowledgment). .
     Example: (see section 5.6.2) whenever a DE-IPSP is taking the
     leading role to start communication to a peer DE-IPSP, it sends ASP
     Up message to the peer DE-IPSP. The peer MAY consider the initiating
     DE-IPSPs as being in ASP-INACTIVE state, as it already sent a
     message, and answer back with ASP Up Ack. Upon the reception of this
     answer by the initiating DE-IPSP it also MAY consider the peer as
     being in ASP-INACTIVE state since it did respond. Therefore a second
     ASP Up message exchange to be started by the peer DE-IPSP could be
     avoided. In this case the reception of ASP Up Ack will turn into a
     state change.

   - ASPTM messages. When sending ASPTM messages to activate/deactivate
     all the traffic independently of routing keys by not specifying any
     RC, a single exchange could be sufficient.
---------------------------------------
The question is

 1.  Whether the sender of ASPAC message without RC should wait for corresponding ASPAC message from peer IPSP.
 2.  Whether the receiver of ASPAC/ASPAC ACK message should activate all remote AS as well as all local AS.

Thanks & Regards

Shivi Singh Verma

________________________________
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."