Subject: [Sigtran] Is As-Pending state required in IPSP SE mode?

From: sachin agrawal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:01:48 +0530

Hi All,

As per the RFC 4666 AS Pending state is described from the ASP-SGP
perspective, so in case of IPSP SE mode since mostly it is used as a point
to point communication. So is there any requirement of AS pending state in
IPSP SE mode.

Regards,
Sachin

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 06:55:17 -0700

Sachin,

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011, sachin agrawal wrote:
>    perspective, so in case of IPSP SE mode since mostly it is used as a
>    point to point communication. So is there any requirement of AS pending
>    state in IPSP SE mode.

No, there is no need.  Note, however, that AS Pending is optional
in any regard because the duration of AS Pending state can be set
to zero (0) by the implementaiton.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/