Subject: [Sigtran] Abort chunk in SCTP

From: Norah Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 06:50:12 +0000

Hi, 

I am using LKSCTP in my project, one sometime I see that by box receives About chunk from the peer. Now question is what are the possibilities for which we can receive abort chunk from remote.

Thanks,
Norah Jones

---

From: Chris Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 12:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I didn't see any mailing list reply to your question. if you 
are still interested, the answers can be found in RFC 4960.
There are MANY possible causes for an ABORT message in SCTP.
Inspection of the ABORT message itself may provide you with 
further information about the problem encountered.

In particular, an ABORT message often contains Cause Parameters 
intended to convey the reason for the abort. Each such Cause
Parameter contains a Cause Code and perhaps further information.
A list of possible Cause Code values appears on page 43. In the 
case of Cause Code value 12, there will also be a user-provided
Upper Layer Cause Reason code. This "user" is the protocol above
the remote SCTP, and the Reason code values depend on the upper
layer protocol involved.

I think your email stated that this only happens infrequently. 
My experience is that this might be because the IP network isn't
[always] as good as the provisioned SCTP parameters expect 
(regarding retransmissions, timeouts etc.)

I hope this helps, from Chris Benson.

On Sat, 4 May 2013, Norah Jones wrote:

>>  Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 06:50:12 +0000
>>  From: Norah Jones <[email-masked]>
>>  To:  <[email-masked]>
>>  Subject: [Sigtran] Abort chunk in SCTP
>>  
>>  Hi, 
>>  
>>  _______________________________________________
>>  Sigtran mailing list
>>  [email-masked]
>>  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran
>>