Subject: [Simple] Patch-ops support in XCAP server

From: Pankaj Munjal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:34:46 +0530

Hello all,

Does anyone have any idea if the XCAP servers support patch-ops as per
rfc5261.
[Patch-ops XML from Client side --> XCAP server]

Without such support on the server side, it becomes really cumbersome of the
XDM Client to update the already created documents like resource-lists.
If i want to add new entry to such documents, i need to do any one of the
following:
1. Update the complete document with new additions/modifications at client
side and then replace the complete document on XCAP server an PUT request.,
or
2. Update every single modication on XCAP server using XPATH (meaning one
PUT/DELETE request for every modification).

However, if the server supports patch-ops, then the client can simply
compile a list of additions, replacements and deletions on the document and
send that to the xcap server for all modifications in a single go. This
shall:
a) reduce complexity on the client side for XCAP documents updations.
b) reduce the network traffic in terms of the number of XCAP request on the
network.

Kindly correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Pankaj