Subject: [Simple] SIP SUBSCRIBE and PUBLISH Request URI Question

From: Eduardo Martins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:53:26 +0000

Hi all, does anyone knows if there is a spec or extension from IETF,
OMA or 3GPP, which defines that the SUBSCRIBE or PUBLISH Request URI
with and without a port points to the same resource, that is, the URI
canonized and without port? I've looked at IETF SIP, SUBSCRIBE and
PUBLISH related RFCs and found nothing supporting such idea...

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:13:44 +0100

> PUBLISH related RFCs and found nothing supporting such idea...

RURI in PUBLISH must be the uri for which the publication is being permormed.
RURI in SUBSCRIBE must be the uri for which the subscription is being 
performed.

So in case you use port the server could reject the PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE (perhaps 
with 404) as a uri without port never matches a uri with port.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>