Subject: [Simple] Protocol Action: 'An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Format for Indicating A Change in XML Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP) Resources' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:35:24 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Format for Indicating A 
   Change in XML Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP) Resources '
   <draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-14.txt

Technical Summary

This specification defines a document format that can be used to
indicate that a change has occurred in a document managed by the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) Configuration Access Protocol
(XCAP). This format indicates the document that has changed and its
former and new entity tags. It also can indicate the specific
change that was made in the document, using an XML patch format.

Working Group Summary
This document reflects the consensus of the SIMPLE working group.
It is a companion document to a SIP Event package (xcap-diff)
defined by the SIP working group, and leverages the xml-patch-ops work
from SIMPLE.

Document Quality

The document has received cross-WG review, including attention from
expert SIP-Events reviewers. A media type review was requested Oct
24,2008.

Personnel

Ben Campbell is the document shepherd.
Robert Sparks is the responsible area director.