Subject: [sip-clf] Updated sipclf-problem-statement-02

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:23:10 -0500

All: I have submitted an updated SIPCLF problem statement
draft (please see
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement/).

This draft is much expanded from -01 and includes:

1) A complete data model, including mandatory information
  elements to generate in the log record for a specific
  SIP entity (i.e., uac, uas, proxy, b2bua, etc.)

2) Comprehensive examples section that demonstrates the
  SIP CLF idea without resorting to a specific representation
  of a logging format (i.e., indexed-ASCII or IPFIX).

3) Inclusion of the threat model contributed by Chris
  Lonvick [1].

4) John Elwell's eary review [2] of the individual draft upon
  which this draft is based on.

5) There is an open question in Section 11 that will need some
  input from the working group.

This version is fairly fleshed out and can benefit tremendously
from working group comments.  Please take a look at the document
and suggest any changes to move this work ahead.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip-clf/current/msg00153.html
[2] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip-clf/current/msg00100.html

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/