Subject: [sip-clf] IETF79 and another doc cycle...

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 13:02:33 -0400

Hi all,

We have a tentative session for Friday at IETF79. The meeting agenda
is not yet final - so is subject to change.

The deadline for doc submissions (non-00) is Oct 25th 17:00 PT.

It looks to me like we need a minor spin of the problem statement to
incorporate some of the things discussed recently on the list (To/From
URI and tag separation, src/dst as IP addresses).

This will then have a follow-on effect for the IPFIX and IASCII
individual drafts.

I assume these docs will form the basis of the agenda (augmented by a
short summary of my implementation results).I would also like to see
if the recent Wireshark plugin for IPFIX could be briefly shown.

Can I ask the authors to confirm a doc cycle can be done by Oct25th?

Also, does each doc have someone at the meeting?

If you have other things you would like on the agenda, please let us know.

Obviously we are in the position of having WG consensus on having one
format - but two formats with very good support. I am interested in
any suggestions which help to resolve this conflict.

Regards,

Peter Musgrave
Co-chair sip-clf

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 19:12:38 +0200

Hi Peter,

I'll be in Beijing for IPFIX at least, and we can certainly cycle the doc once more to pick up problem statement changes etc...

Best regards, B

Sent from my iPhone

On 04.10.2010, at 19:02, Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sip-clf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip-clf

---

From: Gonzalo Salgueiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 13:24:23 -0400

Peter -

I intend to spin a new version of the indexed-ASCII prior to Beijing. Things may change as we get closer, but at this time it appears I will not be there in person to represent the draft. I'm hoping Vijay can do this for me if he is in attendance.

Regards,

Gonzalo

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:43:04 -0500

> URI and tag separation, src/dst as IP addresses).
[...]
> Can I ask the authors to confirm a doc cycle can be done by Oct25th?

Peter: Confirmed.  The token to get a new version of the problem-
statement out is with me, but I have been more swamped than usual
the last month.  I will get one out definitely before Oct-25-2010.

> Also, does each doc have someone at the meeting?

At this point, I will not be attending the Beijing meeting due to
circumstances outside my control, but if it helps to present the
problem-statement remotely, I can certainly do so.  I will also be
more than glad to create slideshows and have a willing (or unwilling)
proxy present them on my behalf.  My apologies on adding more problems
to your already full plate.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:50:54 -0400

Thanks for committing to the doc update.

I can present the problem stmt if no one else volunteers.

Peter Musgrave

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:03:56 -0500

> I can present the problem stmt if no one else volunteers.

Thank you, Peter.  I will coordinate with you or anyone
else that volunteers.

Ciao,

- vijay