Subject: [sip-clf] problem-statement-04 submitted

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:07:28 -0500

Folks: I have submitted an update to the SIPCLF problem-statement
draft.  You can get the -04 version from:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-04.
Diffs with -03 are also available from the above URL.

Here is what changed in -04:

1/ Rendered the examples in S9 representation-neutral.  There
  was a concern in the Maastricht meeting that the problem-
  statement draft was espousing yet another representation
  format, and to avoid that impression the examples in S9
  should occur in a tabular format.

  Well, the tabular format does not quite work out very well
  given the 72-character line length of the I-Ds.  Instead, I
  have rendered the examples in a slightly different format,
  and one that I hope is equally representation neutral.

2/ Added new text in S8 reflecting the discussion we had on
  the mailing list.  Specifically, the discussion on escaped
  characters, logging bodies, and 4K limit on mandatory headers.

  There is an open issue on the 4K limit.  Please see the
  draft for more information.

3/ Previously aggregate logged fields such as To URI and
  tag have been broken down into two component fields: a
  To URI and a To-tag (ditto for the From URI and tag.)

4/ The source:port:xport has been decomposed
  to the source-address and source-port individual components
  (ditto for destination:port:xport).

5/ Transport now appears as single CLF line header.  In
  previous versions of the draft, it was a component of
  source and destination addresses.

6/ CSeq has also been broken down into two components:
  CSeq-Method and CSeq-Number.

7/ Took out the bit-exact archive.

8/ Miscellaneous editing changes.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/