Subject: [sip-http-events] SIP HTTP Event Package: Path Forward

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:04:57 -0600

To give everyone an overview of how I plan to progress this document:

Alexy Melnikov (APPS AD) has agreed to sponsor this document for 
publication.

I plan to spend next week finalizing the areas of the document that are 
known to be unfinished (the open issue that I posted about yesterday, 
plus finishing the examples and IANA sections, and adding a security 
considerations section).

After this, I'll call for a final two-week final comment period (think 
of it kind of like a WGLC) on this mailing list. Pending resolution of 
any comments raised, I will hand it off to Alexy for review and 
publication. It is possible that this could happen in mid-December, but 
the upcoming holidays make it far more likely that this hand-off will 
occur early in January.

That said, the preponderance of the mechanism is well-documented (in my 
opinion, at least), and is definitely ready for review today.

As an interested party, you have some impact on how quickly this 
progresses. Earlier comments means earlier resolution to issues. Also, 
substantial review of the document serves as a useful gauge to me 
regarding how urgently I should treat this document: no review tells me 
that there is no serious interest. If you have any stake in seeing this 
published sooner rather than later, it is in your interest to review and 
comment as soon as possible.

/a