Subject: [sip-http-events] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'A SIP Event Package for Subscribing to Changes to an HTTP Resource' to Proposed Standard

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:06:51 -0600

FYI:

The IESG has approved the SIP HTTP Subscription Package for publication. 
It should appear in the RFC Editor's Queue shortly.

/a

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Protocol Action: 'A SIP Event Package for Subscribing to 
Changes to an HTTP Resource' to Proposed Standard
Date: 	Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:11:04 -0800 (PST)
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor 
<[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A SIP Event Package for Subscribing to Changes to an HTTP Resource '
    <draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe-07.txt>  as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe-07.txt

Technical Summary

    This document defines a mechanism whereby the Session Initiation
    Protocol (SIP) Event Framework can be used to provide notification
    of changes to the state of resources available through the
    Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP).  This facilitates the
    development of applications that provide near real time updates to
    information through HTTP without frequent polling or continuously
    open transport connections.

Working Group Summary

    This is not a Working Group document - it is an individual
    submission, but has received review from participants active in the
    SIP and HTTP communities.  Based on discussion on the DISPATCH
    working group list during the summer of 2009, a consensus was
    reached that it was close enough to complete that a Working Group
    was not needed, but a separate list [1] was created to complete the
    work.

Document Quality

    There is not yet significant implementation of this protocol, but
    it has been incorporated as a key component in the SIP Forum User
    Agent Configuration Recommendation (currently in SIP Forum Last
    Call); a number of implementations of that recommendation are
    believed to be in progress.

[1]
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip-http-events/current/maillist.html

Personnel

    Scott Lawrence<[email-masked]>  is the Document Shepherd.
    Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce