Subject: [sip-overload] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-hilt-sipping-overload-07.txt]

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:21:00 -0400

I've submitted a new version of the overload control draft (see below).

Thanks,

Volker

----------------
New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Overload Control
	Author(s)       : V. Hilt, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-hilt-sipping-overload-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-10-25

Overload occurs in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks when
SIP servers have insufficient resources to handle all SIP messages
they receive.  Even though the SIP protocol provides a limited
overload control mechanism through its 503 (Service Unavailable)
response code, SIP servers are still vulnerable to overload.  This
document defines an overload control mechanism for SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sipping-overload-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "NOEL, ERIC C (ATTLABS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:13:58 -0400

Volker,

Based, on our conference call 2 weeks ago, I understand the sip-overload
group immediate role would be to provide comments (over the sip-overload
mailing list) on both    

And 

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-sipping-load-control-event-package
-02

And that going forward we would interact through the sip-overload
mailing list. 

Our (sip overload design team) bi-weekly conference calls are in effect
stopped and will only occur on a as needed basis (i.e. presentation form
team member....).

Lastly, I presented a paper titled "Novel Overload Controls for SIP
Networks" (Eric Noel & Carolyn Johnson co-authored) to ITC21
(http://www.i-teletraffic.org/itc21/technical-program/).  For copyright
reasons, I cannot broadcast an e-version of that paper. Eventually it
will be available through IEEE explorer.

Thanks,

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Volker Hilt
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 11:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [sip-overload] [Fwd: I-D
Action:draft-hilt-sipping-overload-07.txt]

Thanks,

Volker

----------------

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Overload
Control
	Author(s)       : V. Hilt, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-hilt-sipping-overload-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-10-25

_______________________________________________
sip-overload mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip-overload

---

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:41:29 +0100

Hi,

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-sipping-load-control-event-package

Is the goal to define a SIP event package enabling notification
according to various XML schema (please see [1]) or rather mandating
the support of a particular schema?

[1] Draft ETSI ES 283 039-2 V3.0.0 (2009-06), Section 6

Thanks,
-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila