Subject: [sip-overload] SIP Routing based on Hardware resource availability

From: "Parthasarathi R (partr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:18:24 +0530

Hi,
I'm working in SIP Overloading solution based on the individual hardware
resource availability like DSP, DSO, CPU, Memory etc and the calling
number. SIP overload distributing entity will route the call based on
the calling number and hardware resource availability. The advantage of
routing based on individual hardware availability is that maximum
resource utilization. I noticed that
draft-shen-sipping-load-control-event-package is based on SIP URI only.
The other drafts are based on the system level resource availability
(overloaded or not) only. Could Please let me know any similar draft is
already available in this WG.

Thanks

Partha

---

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:47:17 -0400

Partha,

I think you are looking at the correct set of drafts.

Volker

---

From: "Parthasarathi R (partr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:10:19 +0530

Hi Volker/All,

Thanks for the information Volker. I will come up with the draft which provides the mechanism for Resource availability based SIP routing. Please let me know incase any concern in including this requirement in this WG.

Thanks

Partha

________________________________

From: Volker Hilt [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mon 10/5/2009 8:17 PM
To: Parthasarathi R (partr)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sip-overload] SIP Routing based on Hardware resource availability

Partha,

Volker