Subject: [sip-overload] minutes from SoC session IETF80

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:54:25 +0200

Hi there,

below the notes from the SoC session during the IETF80 meeting in Prague.
(I have already uploaded this initial version to ietf proceeding site)

Please review them and submit any correction to the chairs by May 11.
The chairs have to send the notes [email-masked]  by May18th.

(many thanks to Partha for taking notes during the meeting)

cheers
/Sal

-- 
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com

WG status update (by Volker)
+ status of SIP draft-ietf-soc-overload-design
-----------------

SIP Overload control : Vijay Presented the slides
---------------------

Vijay looks for more draft review in the list.

Robert: Ask for the text whether oc_algo is first time only or not
Vijay: The intent of oc_algo was send in the first time on the contact of the server and not subsequent time
Partha: Need more Guidelines when oc_algo re-negotiation has to happen.
Vijay: Look for draft and provide text if required.

Victor: Whether oc_algo negotiate in the reliable response
Vijay: it is not explicitly mentioned.

Kadriel: whether it is agreed for multiple algorithm
Vijay: Yes, it is agreed upon
Kadriedl: wants to re-open for the single algorithm
Roberts: Ask to open the mailing alias discussion
Janet: want to have "rate" based not to be excluded (jabber) -

Keith:  restrict 100 trying from response
Robert: It may increase complexity in the implementation
Hadriel: The text should not mandate but allowed to have

Load control Event package (Presenter: Arate Koike)
-------------------------
Some people expressed the need to refine the texts in
section 9 (RFC5390 requirements).

Avalanche restart overload  (Presenter: Arate Koike)
------------------------
Hadriel: Let register has restart-timer instead of subscribe as it is register avalanche. SUBSCRIBE may not go to Registrar.
Partha: SUBSCRIBE message itself may overload

Open discussion:
Hadriel: Mention this problem may not be solved by the proposed mechanism.
Partha: The problem solved by Avalanche is in the boot up time only.
Hadriel, Robert: Outbound proxy RFC has timer to solve the issue and it is not generic
Partha: Agreed, It will not solve all the problem
Robert: Discuss in dispatch