Subject: [Sip-security] Security requirements from 3GPP

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 00:42:07 +0300

Hi,

I just wanted to let this group also know that the 3GPP
has produced a requirements document for SIP containing
among other things security requirements.

Main security issues are dealt with in the sections 6.22 (Security
Model), 6.23 (Access Domain Security), and 6.24 (Network
Domain Security). There are also a couple of other security
related requirements on identities, network hiding etc elsewhere.

I'm sure feedback on this document would be wellcome, both
in terms of the requirements themselves, as well as possible
ideas on how they can be fullfilled.

This might also be a good opportunity to compare the
various requirements documents, check inconsistencies
and missed issues. And to propose solutions ;-)

Jari

_______________________________________________
Sip-security mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip-security

---

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 00:46:11 +0300

And a pointer to the draft might also prove useful:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-sipping-3gpp-reqs-00.txt