Subject: Require header in SIP messages with QSIG body

From: Sanchez Jorge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 08:52:11 +0100

Hi all,

I-D "The SIP QSIG/MIME type" does not describe a new value for
"Require:" and
"Proxy-Require:" headers in case of QSIG/SIP interworking, which would
allow services
such as Reliable Transmission of Provisional Responses or the
transmission of tones before
a final connection has been established. This would be quite similar to
the I-D "SIP PSTN
Interworking Umbrella "Require:" Header" proposed by Adam, where
"org.ietf.sip.pstn-interwork" was defined. Since PSTN/SIP interworking
does not imply
necessarily PISN/SIP interworking, a new value like
"org.ietf.sip.pisn-interwork" would be
desirable.
What would be the correct behaviour in case a node which serves as
PISN/SIP interworking
point receives an INVITE with a QSIG RELEASE in the body? Discard the
INVITE or
the RELEASE? I've seen this question arise in the list, but I haven't
seen any document
dealing with it.

Regards,
    Jorge