Subject: SDP in information response

From: "VIPIN PALAWAT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:09:09 +0530

I have a doubt.

*     Can the informational message carry SDP message with them, e.g.
180 response Message carry the SDP Message with it.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:29:24 -0500

Right now, no. This will be changed in the next version of SIP as a
result of the discussion on 183. The current draft actually contains
proposed wording changes, I believe.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:43:57 -0600

The ability to carry a body in a provisional method is an extension proposed
by Steve Donovan and others in the "183 message" drafts.

There was some dicussion of this at the DC meeting. There is some debate as
to whether this would constitute a change to or an extension of the SIP
specification. I believe the issue to be currently unresolved.

--
Dean

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of VIPIN
> PALAWAT
> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 4:39 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: SDP in information response
>
>
>
>
> I have a doubt.
>