Subject: Question on INFO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:14:04 +0530

Hi,
In draft-ietf-sip-info-method-00.txt it is stated that the parsing rules
for INFO is same as that of BYE unless stated otherwise.
However, the document does not seem to mention any exception (besides
change of state) - so is it correct to assume then
that both follow the same parsing rule set ? Or has there been any changes
?

The draft draft-zimmerer-mmusic-sip-bcp-t-00.txt mentions both INFO and
Mime-type extensions to carry PSTN signals.
Has there been any standardisation on which is preferred or this this still
in flux ?

Thx
Regds
Arjun

---

From: "Donovan, Steven R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:41:06 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 8:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Question on INFO

Hi,

SRD> There has been nothing identified yet that would require activating the
"unless stated otherwise" clause.

SRD> Both are required.  The MIME type extensions are required to attach
PSTN signals to any SIP message, where appropriate.  This would apply to
INVITE (for IAM), BYE (for REL), 200 OK (for ANM), 180 and 183 (for ACM),
and possibly some others (for instance, 486 for REL with cause value of
busy).  The INFO method would then be used to carry any PSTN signals that
arrive during the middle of an existing session.

Thx
Regds
Arjun