Subject: [SIP] Issue with BYE

From: Sekhar Banerjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:10:25 -0800

Hi All,
	I have a wierd issue that I am facing in my call flows. While trying
to implement call forwarding I have come across a particular case which I
would like the experts to look at. 
	
	If phone A is trying to call phone B which has been forwarded to
phone C. When C hangs up the BYE from C to A doesnt have anything in the
message that would indicate that the message has come from phone C. Is there
any way in which we cna figure out where the message is comming from by
looking at the message ?

Thanks

Sekhar

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:36:51 -0600

> any way in which we cna figure out where the message is comming from by

The topmost Via in the BYE from C->A will have C's address.

- vijay
--
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Internet Software/IN Architecture Group 
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations 263 Shuman Blvd., Rm 1A-413
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216   Fax: +1 630 713
0184