Subject: [SIP] Removing 409 to conflicting action params

From: Neil Deason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:06:09 +0000

Can we please remove the restriction that all current 
registrations MUST share the same action param. I haven't 
found this to be helpful to either users or implementers. 

The spec doesn't really say anything about servers having 
to obey action params so they could be treated as just a 
hint to the users wishes. A SIP server could then choose 
to try and follow them, use it's own configuration policy 
or follow alternative user defined processing logic (CPL etc).
This is more in keeping with the handling of params like
methods that we are seeing more of in Contact headers.

Cheers,
Neil.
-- 
Ubiquity Software Corporation, UK        http://www.ubiquity.net

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.