Subject: RE: [SIP] SIP App Components

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 02:32:44 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eric Burger [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 4:58 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] SIP App Components
> 
> 
> The SIP App Components infrastructure assumes that the SIP 
> UA's understand
> multipart MIME body parts.  This is a MAY in bis 02 (Section 8.2).

Where in the app components document does it assume this? None of the
interfaces require multipart. I think we might have mentioned talking to a
voicexml media server by passing the original VoiceXML in the body of the
SIP INVITE; however, thats only one of the options. The best one, IMHO, is
to pass the URL for the voicexml script in a sip header (Call-Info or
something).

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:23:12 -0500

Our concern of using a header is that proxies need to know about them at
best or not mung them at worst.  If the URL referring to the VoiceXML script
is in the body, we don't have to worry about that.

I wouldn't suggest carrying VoiceXML itself in the payload of an INVITE, as
that can be quite large.