Subject: [SIP] What is LoadGen_On in ua.cfg file ?

From: Tan Seng Kee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:17:56 +0800

Hi,

I am trying to understand the SIP code. Does any one has any idea about the 
option of "LoadGen_On" in the config file and what is the purpose of this 
setting ?

Thank you.

Tan Seng Kee

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Jeff Gao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:40:20 -0800

Tan Seng,

US can also be used as a load generator to stree test proxy servers or
another endpoints.  By setting LoadGen_On to true, UA will automatically
initate calls to a fixed destination at pre-determined time interval.  It
can also be configured to be on the receiving end of the call.  Hope this
helps.

Regards,

Jeff Gao
Cisco Systems

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Tan Seng Kee
> Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 12:18 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] What is LoadGen_On in ua.cfg file ?
>
>
> Hi,
>

---

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:01:13 -0800

The current draft of 2543bis does not keep the same paragraph numbering as
2543.

While this is a very minor editorial comment, it might become an issue for
some I-D/upcoming rfcs whose paragraph references are going to be outdated
as soon as 2543bis gets published.  This will cause numerous unnecessary
editorial updates, in particular, for the sip protocol mib:  many MIB
objects reference specific sections of 2543 (for e.g. organization header
definition, section 10.4 now 10.2 on retry timers and counters, ...).  This
might cause the unecessary revision of many MIB object REFERENCE down the
road...

Let alone the fact that many are working with bis these days and when a
reference pops up, it is a pain.
Comments? Any suggestions of what document to reference in the next rev of
the SIP MIB I-D (the outdated but published RFC 2543 or the current internet
draft 2543bis-02)?

Jean-Francois Mule

_______________________________________________
"This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip
to subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body"