Subject: [SIP] REGISTRAR functions.

From: Nishith Chudasama <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Jan 2001 02:50:51 MST

Following are the queries regarding SIP REGISTRAR implementation. Kindly let
me know if anybody has the solution.....

1. Where can I get the specifications to develop a SIP Registrar?

2. For a particular USER registration, what all information from the REGISTER
request should be stored by Registrar?(Till the registration expires...)

3. If the REGISTRAR and Location server are not co-located, How and what to
inform the Location server following a REGISTER request from a User?

4. What are the messages exchanged between a SIP proxy/Redirect server and a
Location server/Registrar?

Waiting for the replies....
Regards,
Nishith.

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:49:36 -0600

Nishith Chudasama wrote:
> 
> Following are the queries regarding SIP REGISTRAR implementation. Kindly 
> let me know if anybody has the solution.....
> 

RFC 2453 (and subsequent bis modifications)

> 2. For a particular USER registration, what all information from the 
> REGISTER request should be stored by Registrar?(Till the registration 
> expires...)

Presumably, at least the Contact and Expire information.  If the REGISTER 
request had a CPL (or any other) payload, that'll need to be stored as well.
 
> 3. If the REGISTRAR and Location server are not co-located, How and what 
> to inform the Location server following a REGISTER request from a User?

Implementation dependent.
 
> 4. What are the messages exchanged between a SIP proxy/Redirect server and 
> a Location server/Registrar?

If they are co-located, a functional API would suffice.  If not, SIP itself
could be a candidate.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Internet Software and eServices Group 
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations 263 Shuman Blvd., Rm 1A-413
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216   Fax: +1 630 713 0184