Subject: [SIP] DNS SRV records

From: Gaurav Taneja <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:19:43 +0530

What are DNS SRV records and how and when are they used by SIP proxy
servers?

-Gaurav

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.

---

From: Sudipto Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:50:02 -0500

DNS SRV record allows devices to search for a service (e.g. sip)
in a specific domain. It allows load sharing/redundancy across
servers providing this service.

Sec 1.4.2 of RFC2543bis(-02) draft addresses your second question.
- Sudipto

-- 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sudipto Mukherjee
Cisco Systems, Inc             [email-masked] 
  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------