Subject: RE: [SIP] Changes to List Policy

From: "Emami-Nouri, Mohsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:24:07 -0800

should we ignore Jonathan's email from 01/07/01 introducing a different list
for SIP implementers ( [email-masked] )

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosen, Brian [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 8:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [SIP] Changes to List Policy

As you all know, the sip list is very high volume.
To try to ease difficulties for many list members, we are going to
move "newbie" type questions, questions that ask how something
already an RFC (or about to be) works, from this list to the
sip-implementor's list.  This list will be the place that
we discuss new protocol development.

Both lists remain unmoderated.  Anyone is free to subscribe to either, 
or both, lists.  We can't stop inappropriate postings, but the 
chairs will try to cut off discussion on this list, and move it
to the sip-implementors list if it covers existing SIP.  I have
assurances from most of our more prolific assistance providers 
that they ARE subscribed to the sip-implementors list, and they 
WILL continue to provide assistance on that list, as they do here.  
I urge those of you who we have not spoken to, but also provide 
this essential service to continue to do so on the sip-implementors 
list.

To subscribe to sip-implementors, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe sip-implementors" 
in the body

Thanks

Brian

_______________________________________________
"This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip
to subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body"

_______________________________________________
"This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip
to subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body"

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 02:36:49 +0100

There are three separate mailing lists:
- SIP Instant Messaging & Presence ML ( which is the [email-masked] 
- SIP WG's ML
- SIP implementors ML, to which "newbie issues" were moved recently

Jiri

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.