Subject: RE: [SIP] Discussion of Default Timers & sip mib

From: Jean-Francois Mule <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:56:13 -0800

After reading through the 15 emails sent on 1/2 & 1/3/2001, I'd like to
summarize the discussion on default timers in the context of the sip-mib.

we need:
-timer configs for all sip methods supported by sip UA, proxy servers
(stateful case).  No need for timer config for registrar servers.
-config timers to be read write so that management systems can set/reset
based on network topology.
- default values in the MIB will be defined according to rfc - there is
apparently no consensus to change the default values from this thread.

In summary, the following additions need to be done for the next draft of
sip-mib-01:
1. stateful proxy servers need timer configurations as well (so far, we only
have 1 object for INVITE timeout but it happens to be expressed in seconds -
need to change to ms).  The proposal is to replicate the sipUACfgtimer table
in the sip-server mib.
2. Default values need to be added (DEFVAL for each mib object)

Please check the the config timers in sip-mib-draft-01 and make comments
(the sipReRegister timer should be redefined so do not bother commenting on
this one).  If we have missed anything from the thread, please add.
Thank you,
Jean-Francois.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip