Subject: [SIP] More Info: Interim Meeting this Thursday and Friday

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 22:59:37 -0800

Hi All,

1) First as a reminder:

In the IETF anyone may attend any meeting. However, if you are not an
active participant on the SIP mailing list, it is unlikely that you will be
able to contribute, which is the point of the interim meetings. All
meetings are working meetings, not trade shows or training events. If you
are just interested in "lurking"--listening to the activities of the
working group, then rest assured that, per IETF policy, detailed minutes of
the meeting will be posted to the SIP mailing list.  Even if you are not
subscribed to this list, anyone can still access the archives.

Seating will be tight but (barely) adequate based on the number of people
who have emailed me.  So!  If you happen to live in Dallas and you haven't
posted to the list in the last week or two, you should really ask yourself
if you will be able to ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTE to our collective discussions
before you show up.

2) That said, there is a minor change in the agenda.  To make it easier for
folks on the phone, let's start the conferencing discussion at 5:30 per the
agenda below.  

3) For folks calling in, please mute yourself immediately as soon as you
join the bridge, and when you are finished talking.  You can mute/unmute
yourself once you are active on the conference bridge by pressing 
# 5
Doing this will dramatically improve the sound quality for others on the
phone.  Muting yourself with # 5 will also prevent you from sending
cellular noise, key clicks, and/or hold music to the rest of the bridge.
If you generate such noise, I will forcibly disconnect you from the conference.

Those of you on the phone, please stay dialed in during breaks if you will
continue to participate, as the bridge performs garbage collection on
unused ports.

I will be checking my pager ([email-masked]) and my email
([email-masked]) frequently during the meeting, so if there are problems,
you may send me a text message describing the problem.

Here is the dial in information.  (I have reserved 10 ports)

Thursday Feb 8th  0800 to 1300 Central Time
call 408 525 6064  use meeting ID 7474383  (SIPIETF)

Thursday Feb 8th  1300 to 1900 Central Time
call 408 525 4445  use meeting ID 7474384

Friday Feb 9th 0800 to 1300 Central Time
call 408 525 4445  use meeting ID 7474385

Friday Feb 9th 1300 to 1800 Central Time
call 408 527 2663 use meeting ID 7474386

4) The Agenda:

Note, this is a guideline only.  We will be taking plenty of breaks.  Those
of you on the phone, please stay dialed in during breaks if you will
continue to participate, as the bridge performs garbage collection on
unused ports.

 I've asked the relevant folks shown to moderate discussions in each area.  If
you have a draft or idea you have presented on the list and want to present
topics/issues, please contact them.  

Presentations should NOT be tutorial in nature and should list the
issues/choices/differences at hand.  Presentations must conform to the
usual IETF rules (no logos, etc.).

Thursday Feb 8th
08:00  Logisitics and Agenda Bashing                                   Dean
Willis
08:30  SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY (split with presence docs, forking)            Adam
Roach
11:00  Call Control Models (3pcc vs. phonectl vs. peer-to-peer 3pcc)   Rohan
12:30  Break for Lunch
13:30  REFER issues
Robert Sparks
16:30  SIP device configuration
   Rick Dean
17:30  SIP conferencing                                                Henning
~19:00  Stop for the night

Friday Feb 9th
08:00  Base spec open issues: (Record Routing, Early Media, ...)
Jonathan R
12:00  Break for Lunch (provided)
13:00  Firewall/NAT traversal
Jonathan R
15:00  AAA requirements                                                Jon
Peterson
~17:00  Close

> >Robert Sparks of Dynamicsoft has volunteered the use of a meeting room at
> >their offices:
> >       5100 Tennyson Parkway
> >       Suite 1200
> >       Plano, Texas 75024
> >
> >Directions are available at:
> > 
> http://www.dynamicsoft.com/contact/dynamicsoft_locations.html#Texas Office

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.