Subject: [SIP] draft-levy-sip-diversion-01.txt

From: James Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:36:10 -0600

Would like to propose to add a new diversion reason code - "number mapping."
The new code can be used, for example, when a redirect server performs a
number mapping from a freephone number to a POTS number and returns the POTS
number in the Contact hearder of a 302 response.  The two numbers/addresses
are "related."

There is a need to at least describe in texts (if not to be shown in the
call flows) about the recursing proxy sending CANCEL for any pending INVITE
downstream, receiving 200 OK (CANCEL), receiving a 487 response and
returning an ACK for several examples.  

The procedures at the the recursing proxy need to specify that the recursing
proxy must not forward the 487 response upstream.

The 3xx/4xx in many example should be Acked.

It is not clear why "time-of-day" is needed unless the night service needs
to use multiple reason codes for proper call processing.  A reason code such
as "unavailable"  or even "uncondicational" (set after busy hours by the
shops) seems to be sufficient.

James Yu
Principal Technical Industry Liaison
NeuStar Inc.
1120 Vermont Avenue, NW,
Suite 400
Washington, D.C. 20005
USA
+1-202-533-2814 (B)
+1-202-285-8326 (Mobile)
+1-202-533-2987 (Fax)
[email-masked]
http://www.neustar.com

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.