Subject: [SIP] List usage

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:41:05 -0500

Note:

The sip list is for the activities of the sip working group of the IETF.
This includes development of extensions, and improvements in the baseline
sip spec for advancement towards draft standards. The sip-implementors list
is meant for QUESTIONS on sip, requests for information, and the like. 

I expect that despite our efforts, newbies will continue to post questions
on the main sip list. I would strongly encourage our body of experts who
answer these questions to NOT answer them on the main sip list. Send your
response to the person and to sip-implementors. Otherwise, the thread will
not migrate. 

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.