Subject: [SIP] few questions...

From: "Rakesh Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:51:24 -0000

Hi,

I am having few questions.....
I am sorry if these questions have been asked already.

    1. From rfc2543bis-02, section 4.2.3,
       "A server SHOULD return Allow, Accept, Accept-Encoding, Accept-
       Language and Supported header fields. The response MAY contain a
       message body indicating the capabilities of the end system(rather
       than properties of any existing call)."

       My question is, Is there any provision to request for particular
       field, like Allow or just message body, using OPTION request. I
       could not locate this type of features in rfc2543bis-02.

    2. Is there any example where message body will be used with BYE
       request/responce.

    3. From section
       " Not all of the SIP request or response can be encrypted end-to-
         end because header fields such as To and Via need to be
         visible to proxies so that the SIP request can be routed
         correctly"

       When, To field will be used by the proxy to route the request.
       What I understood from the RFC is that proxy will look Request-
       URI to route the request.

     thanks in advance.

  rakesh

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.