Subject: [SIP] (no subject)

From: "Victor A Paulsamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:05:38 -0500

Hi,

I'm having difficulty in understanding the following from RFC2327, SDP.

     "When a list of payload formats is given, this implies that all of
     these formats may be used in the session, but the first of these
     formats is the default format for the session." -- SDP Standards Track,
page 20.

What does default mean here?

When a m-line reads as "m=audio 49230 RTP/AVP 3 4 5", does this mean that
the remote UA will be requested to use GSM (PT 3) if it could support it and
if it didn't support GSM, the local UA will negotiate for G723 (PT 4) with
the remote UA and so on? (It's clear that I need to understand the above
phrase!).

Thanks for your help and valuable time.

Regards,

--victor

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementer's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to [email-masked] with
"subscribe sip-implementors" in the body.