Subject: RE: [SIP] Overlap dialing within a SIP network

From: "Roy, Radhika R, ALCOO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:45:36 -0500

Hi, Gonzalo:

I appreciate that you have the first one to propose the en-blocking
solution.

Now, we have seen the pros and cons of all alternatives. It appears that the
en-blocking is the best solution.

Best regards,
Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Gonzalo Camarillo [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 5:44 PM
To: Roy, Radhika R, ALCOO
Cc: Keith Robinson; Christer Holmberg; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [SIP] Overlap dialing within a SIP network

Hello,

> I agree with Keith that we should mandate en-block due to the following
> benefits:

That's what I proposed in the DC IETF (long time ago), and folks
insisted that overlap dialing had to be supported...

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:24:45 +0200

Hi,

If we remove the support of overlap dialing now, it won't take long
before we have a similar discussion again -   when people want to add it
back...

I agree, however, that in most cases one would use en-blocking, so
overlap dialing will probably be very much used. However, IF it is used,
we should agree on how it's done, and that it works.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland