Subject: [SIP] Slot Requests for IETF 50 Meeting

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:27:32 -0600

One thing the ADs and many senior contributors have taken the chairs "out
behind the barn" for is making more effective use of meeting time.

We have rather exlicit orders not to repeat the "two minutes and then we
hum" format of the last meeting.

The basic idea is to use the very valuable face-to-face meeting time for
working out the hard stuff, not for updating status or proposing new work.
We're now the busiest group in the IETF, and we need to start working
smarter. More on that later . . .

So, I ask all of you who are considering a slot request for SIP WG at IETF
50 to consider:

1) Is your topic this a "hotly debated issue" or is it a status work or a
proposal for a new project?

2) Can your need be effectively met by list discussion? If not, what would
it take (moderation, tracking, whatever) to make the mailing list an
effective forum for your needs?

3) How can we help?

Thanks.

--
Dean Willis
SIP WG Co-Dependent, I mean Co-Chair

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.