Subject: [SIP] SIP]:DEVICE INDEPENDENT PERSONAL MOBILITY AND LOCATION SERVICE

From: Anupama Chopra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 17:26:39 +0500

Hi,
   I was reading an article in which It was mentioned that "mobile IP
doesnot provide means of device independent personal mobility and
location service" - Can somebody put some light on this statement
as to how SIP supports it.

Regards
Anupama

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 08:37:17 -0400

See papers at http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip. Among others,
"Application-Layer Mobility using SIP" addresses this issue.