Subject: [SIP] ReTransmission interval Question - Reliable Provisonal Responses

From: Sudipto Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:19:11 -0400

Hi,

In section 7, Retransmit Interval Computation of Reliability 
of Provisional  Responses in SIP draft ( 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-100rel-03.txt),

It is described that non-100 provisionals be retransmitted with
exponential backoff with a max retransmit interval of 32 secs. 
There is reference to behaviour of INVITE responses as described
in RFC2543.

While the BIS-02 draft for SIP describes that retransmit intervals
for INVITE final responses starts at T1 (500msecs) and 
caps at T2 (4 secs) interval.

Reliable Provisional Responses draft contradicts the
BIS-02 requirements.

Will the Reliability of Provisional Responses draft be updated
to match up with requirements of the BIS-02 or BIS-03 drafts ?

Thanks 

-- Sudipto

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sudipto Mukherjee
Cisco Systems, Inc             [email-masked] 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.