Subject: [SIP] ALERT - sip lists are changing!!!!

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:56:20 -0400

As part of the split of the SIP working group, we are reorganizing
the sip mail lists.

A new sip list has been established at ietf.org.  To subscribe to 
it, send a message to [email-masked] and specify "subscribe"
as the BODY of the message.

A new sipping list has been established at ietf.org.  To subscribe 
to it, send a message to [email-masked], and specify "subscribe"
as the BODY of the message

The sip list [email-masked] will be deactivated in 3 weeks.

As part of the transition, we ask that you immediately subscribe
to the list(s) of your choice, recalling that sip is the core 
protocol changes, and sipping is use of sip.  

IMPORTANT - Please DO NOT send messages to [email-masked] or [email-masked]
yet.  Give everyone a chance to subscribe.  
I will post a message in about a week advising you to switch to 
the new list.  I will post a couple messages to the new lists just 
to assure you that the lists are working and you are subscribed.

About a week later, I'll suggest that you unsubscribe from
[email-masked] (send a message to 
[email-masked], specify "unsubscribe" as the BODY 
of the message.  This will eliminate any double postings.

If you follow this sequence, there will never be a need to post
to both lists.  The experts on the list who answer questions will
follow the directions.  Posting to both list may annoy the folks
who would help you, so PLEASE, don't double post. 

Thanks for your co-operation

Brian
sip co-chair

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:43:00 -0400

I'm assuming for sipping you meant to say to send subscription requests to

         [email-masked]

:-)

At 09:56 AM 5/29/2001, Rosen, Brian wrote:
...snip...
>as the BODY of the message
...snip...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                       Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems
-------------------------------------------------------------------