Subject: RE: [SIP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-isup-01.txt

From: "Ramati, Nadav" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:10:13 +0300

Hi,

We read your SIP-ISUP draft with great interest, and had a question
concerning support of additional parameters outside the scope of
international ISUP. In particular, would you have plans to incorporate
support of the Diversion header (Redirecting number) into your draft? 
Although this topic is still controversial, standardized support of this
information would prove extremely valuable in applications such as voice
mail.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Nadav Ramati
COMVERSE

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:12:33 +0300

Hello,

It is mentioned in the draft that a REL that contains a new number where
the callee might be reached should generate a 3xx response. The new
number will go into the Contact header. I believe that there is no need
of extra support in order to provide this feature.

Besides, there are a lot of switches in the PSTN that do not support
this. Therefore, I am not sure how many gateways are going to implement
this feature.

Regards,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]