Subject: [SIP] A question about 2543Bis02 PDF version section 16.2

From: Baniel Uri-CUB001 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:03:11 -0500

2543Bis02 PDF version section 16.2
==================================

C->S: INVITE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP sip.example.com;branch=7c337f30d7ce.1
;maddr=239.128.16.254;ttl=16
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP mouse.wonderland.com

S->C: SIP/2.0 180 Ringing
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP csvax.cs.caltech.edu;branch=7c337f30d7ce.1
;maddr=239.128.16.254;ttl=16
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP north.east.isi.edu

Why have the host names in the Via header fields got changed?
Is 'csvax.cs.caltech.edu' is just another alias to 'sip.example.com' ?
Same with 'north.east.isi.edu' and 'mouse.wonderland.com' ?

=================================================================
[email-masked], 
Tel: (847) 632 4616; Fax: (847) 632 3963; 
"Learning that does not daily increase will daily decrease" E.w.c
=================================================================

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: Victor Kueh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:12:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi Uri,

         I have also come across this 'inconsistency' a few months
back. Then after I referred to RFC 2543, I came to the conclusion that it
is a typo mistake in that they have forgotten to change them from 
previous version in RFC 2543(ie. from 'csvax.cs.caltech.edu'  to
'sip.example.com'  and 'north.east.isi.edu' to 'mouse.wonderland.com' ,
etc.

HTH.

Cheers,
Victor
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------