Subject: [SIP] Hi Again,Doubt in Via Header

From: "manish kulkarni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:54:23 -0000

hi,
it was nice to see that someone was helping me to complete my work.i have a 
doubt in the Via Header.Now in one of the mails in mailing list archive it 
says that the Matching of Via Header means matching the 
Transport,Branch,Protocol Name(SIP),Version(2.0) and HostName.When u match a 
Hostname,if the hostname is normal name as in Via then it should me matched 
case-insensitivly,if the hostname is IP Address and the HostName in the Via 
Field is a String,how should the matching be done?.When Request is Received 
How does one Check that it is mulicast or not?.one more thing,how does a 
Proxy determine that a Request-URI of the request it has got is Correct,as 
seen by the proxy,does the Proxy maintain a List of Request-URI or what?.
Manish.R.K
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.