Subject: RE: [SIP] Comments/nits on End-to-End encryption (section 18.1.1) /bis-03

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 02:13:07 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Barnes [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 3:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [SIP] Comments/nits on End-to-End encryption (section
18.1.1)/bis-03

>Hi all, 
>Just a couple of minor comments on section 18.1.1 
>-  In the bis-03 draft, it's specified the "Changes made in Version 03"
section 
>I that PGP has been removed (last bullet item).  However, example messages
on 
>pages 124 and 125 (of the .txt version) indicate an Encryption header of
"PGP 
>version=5.0$". 

I kept these on purpose. The spec right now is in an odd intermediate state
regarding encryption. It defines a general framework, but has no concrete
mechanisms that use the framework. Since I haven't removed the framework,
the examples section needs to mention some "theoretical" approach, and so I
figured we may as well stick with PGP, which is effectively the same as
"foo" here.

>- (Even more minor), in section 18.1.1, the last sentence in the first 
>paragraph specifies "three complementary forms of encryption", but only 2
are 
>listed.  I'm assuming this is another remnant of the PGP removal. 

Yup, fixed.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.