Subject: [Sip] Few tiny issues with SDP section of bis3

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:15:02 -0700

Examples in section B don't have an e or P line in the SDP even though one
them must be present.

When adding a media steam it must be below existing media streams but the
example in (3rd SDP in section B.5 - top of page 122) seems to have it at
the top.

Would be nice to have an example that sent video and audio to a different
IPs to illustrate this case.

A clear example of the SDP for a call that was doing some voice codec, say
G.711, and was also doing RFC 2833 events would be nice.

Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:51:05 -0700

> From RFC2327:
> 
>     "Either an email field or a phone field must be specified.
>      Additional email and phone fields are allowed."

Yes, this is present in RFC 2327, but the rationale is in SAP, not SIP.
Arguably, these fields are never used in SIP. I would argue that we
should have a "liberal with what you receive" warning that states that,
in deviance with 2327, email and phone field are not mandatory in our
application, and will often be both absent.

-- Christian Huitema