Subject: [SIP] G729AB vs G729A

From: "Menon, Sunil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:56:47 -0400

Hi All,
	Does anyone know how one would indicate G729AB vs G729A as the
preferred codec in SDP ? 

Thanks
Sunil Menon
Sonus Networks

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: "Sankaran Narayanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:02:37 -0400

> 	Does anyone know how one would indicate G729AB vs G729A as the
i remember reading somewhere X-G729ab and X-G729a, not sure though.

---

From: Ovidiu Sas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:23:40 -0400 (EDT)

Take a look in "draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-10.txt"
  On page 16: 4.5.5 G729 you have a description of
G729/G729A/G729B/G729AB:

   A G729 RTP packet may consist of zero or more G.729 or G.729 Annex A
   frames, followed by zero or one G.729 Annex B frames. The presence of
   a comfort noise frame can be deduced from the length of the RTP
   payload.

   In SDP you need to specify the payload type (18 - default) and the
vocoder need to handle by itself the silence packets.

   Hope this help,
              Ovidiu

____________________

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:22:22 -0700

Please - no X-anything codec names.