Subject: Re: [SIP] Multicasting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:03:57 +0530

>Can somebody explain me that if somebody wants to initiate a multicast
conference then where is he going to put the >maddr parameter in request
URI or in Via header.

Regarding maddr parameter,according to the bis "A client that sends a
request to a multicast address must add the maddr parameter
to its Via header field and should add the ttl field".The maddr parameter
in the request-uri can be used by outbound proxy to send the
message to the the multicast address specified.

>Second question is at what hop multicasting will take place i.e. at
outgoing proxy or at the recipient domain.
 Where the multicating happens depends on the IGMP protocol .I don't know
whether i got you right?

Regds
Seshu

"Ashwani Kumar Kesharwani" <[email-masked]> on 06/06/2001
11:20:54 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Seshashayi T/HSSBLR)

Subject:  [SIP] Multicasting

Can somebody explain me that if somebody wants to initiate a multicast
conference then where is he going to put the maddr parameter in request URI
or in Via header.

Second question is at what hop multicasting will take place i.e. at
outgoing proxy or at the recipient domain.

Please clarify with some example.

Thanks