Subject: [Sip] Allow in provisional responses ?

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:37:55 -0400

2543bis-03 is silent on whether an Allow header can be used in a
provisional response. Can I assume that it means that it can (would e.g.
be good for knowing I can send INFO during call setup), and if not, why
not ?

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:22:52 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Flemming Andreasen [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 11:38 AM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: [Sip] Allow in provisional responses ?
> 
> 

I think it makes sense, along with Accept and Accept-Encoding, for much the
same reasons. It probably doesn't make much sense in a 1xx to an OPTIONS, or
something that otherwise doesn't create a session.

I'll clarify in the spec.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com