Subject: [Sip] Administrivia - List Maintainer has no patience with quotas/routi ng problems/etc

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:52:32 -0400

Folks, I (at the moment, and by choice) alone, maintain the sip
(and sipping) lists.  That means I get the bounces, the errors
and the misdirected missives.  I have a lot to do in my day,
and I have no patience for problems that it appears to me are
caused by individual negligence.

If mail starts bouncing because you are overquota, or your account is
deactivated, or you subscribed to a non-working account,
I will unsubscribe you pretty quick.  I try to let a day go by,
but rarely more than that.  If MailMan detects a serious problem (like
a forwarding loop), it automatically deactivates you immediately

If the problem appears to be more serious (every once in a while,
a whole domain gets in trouble, for example), I will be more
tolerant, but only a day or two's worth.

When you are unsubscribed, you get a message, but as you may 
guess, if your account is screwed up, you may not get that message.
Sorry about that.  

A great many people are subscribed through email servers that have
quotas.  If you are going to be unable to read your mail for a
while, I suggest you manually unsubscribe and resubscribe.
As you know, a couple of days of sip, sip-implementors and sipping
can fill an inbox pretty darn quick.  Two people got booted today.

Thanks
Brian

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip