Subject: RE: [Sip] one open issue in Models for Multi Party Conferencing i n SIP

From: "Roy, Radhika R, ALCTA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:24:34 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Lei Liang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 8:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] one open issue in Models for Multi Party Conferencing in
SIP

hi, falks, 
  I am not sure if the following issue has been fixed or not. here is my
suggestion.

  issue:
  There is no way for A to know that the entire conference has
transitioned. Also, as above, its not clear that a REFER from the
conference server wouldn't be better.

[RRR] I believe that we can extend this a little bit. Let us say who owns
the conference? Who has the right to see the entire view of the conference?
Will we allow a partial view to someone while the owner will see the entire
picture? There are so many ways that a conference architecture can be built.
Then the question comes whether it is a centralized conferencing
architecture or not. If it is centralized, the master MCU/Controller will
play the role of these policy implementations. So, it all depends what has
the been the functional requirements of the conferencing. Then we can see
how REFER can used in the context of these functional requirements.

  suggestion:
  to inform A that the entire conference has transitioned, NOTIFY can be
broadcasted from conference server to all existing members when new member
joins.
  I prefer REFER from conference server. it's more logical for me. :)

[RRR] I guess that you are referring the case for the centralized
conferencing. 

cheers.
lei  

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Lei Liang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:38:55 +0000 (GMT)

yes, I was refering centralized conference because this issue is base on
it. the centre server will handle the policies you mentioned below.
cheers.
lei