Subject: RE: [Sip] Bis-05: Diaglog establishment ambiguity

From: Tan Ya-Ching ICM N PG U ID A 1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:57:16 +0100

| -----Original Message-----
| From: Gonzalo Camarillo [mailto:[email-masked]]
| Sent: 21 November 2001 23:35
| To: Bob Penfield
| Cc: Mark Watson; [email-masked]
| Subject: Re: [Sip] Bis-05: Diaglog establishment ambiguity
| 
| 
| Hello,
| 
| we have finally chosen "early" and "confirmed" as the states of a
| dialog. A 1xx responses different than 100 creates a dialog in "early"
| state. When the 2xx is received it transitions to the 
| "confirmed" state.
| 

"confirmed" is certainly better than "established". Do all 1xx responses
other than 100 create dialogs or should we be more specific in saying that
only 1xx responses with To tag create dialogs ?

Regards,
Ya-Ching

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:16:20 +0200

Hi,

>only 1xx responses with To tag create dialogs ?

My understanding of chapter 8.2.7 in bis-05 is that a non-100 1xx
provisional response MUST contain a To tag.

-----
If a request contained a To tag in the request, the To field in the
response MUST equal that of the request. However, if the To field in
the request did not contain a tag, the URI in the To field in the
response MUST equal the URI in the To field in the request.
Additionally, the UAS MUST add a tag to the To field in the response.
This serves to identify the UAS that is responding, possibly
resulting in a component of a dialog ID. The same tag MUST be used
for all responses to that request, both provisional and final.
Procedures for generation of tags are defined in Section 21.3.
-----

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland