Subject: [Sip] New version of "Early Media Issues and Scenarios" draft - (draft- sen-sip-earlymedia)

From: "Chris Hogg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:55:43 -0000

Hi,

Version-01 of our draft "Early Media Issues and Scenarios" has been
submitted to the IETF SIP WG.  It may take a few days to be available in the
archives.  In the meantime, you can download a copy from:

http://www.obsidian97.com/draft-sen-sip-earlymedia-01.txt

Thanks,
Chris.

Chris Hogg
Nortel Networks

------------------------
Title:  "Early Media Issues and Scenarios".

Abstract:  
        The ability to carry Early Media - defined as media that is 
        delivered prior to call answer or session establishment - has been 
        the subject of many discussions and internet drafts within the IETF 
        [6][7].  Despite these discussions, it appears that no clear 
        solution has emerged to solve the Early media problem.  Furthermore 
        recent changes resulting from the re-drafting/re-wording of 
        RFC2543bis-05 [4] combined with the publication of the "SDP-offer-
        answer draft" [5] and the latest version of Manyfolks [3] have 
        further muddied the waters regarding the behaviour associated with 
        early media.  This draft aims to highlight the sources of confusion 
        surrounding how early media operates in the context of these drafts 
        and presents a solution for achieving alignment of the concepts 
        outlined hence solving the early media problem.  Additionally, it is

        shown how this solution is applicable to a variety of early media 
        scenarios such as the complexity introduced by forked INVITEs, 
        interactions with NAT/FW traversal and PSTN/PBX interworking issues.

-----------------------------------------------