Subject: [Sip] More clarification of bis-05 changes requested

From: "James Undery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:55:15 -0000

Hi,

The question I'd like to know is were the changes relating to
Authorization garbage collected. i.e. my rfc2543 sip device doesn't
mess with anything below the Authorization header and the new bis
breaks that big time (or section 7.3.1 is just confusing).

James

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:34:24 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: James Undery [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 4:55 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sip] More clarification of bis-05 changes requested
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Authorization garbage collected. 

Yes.

> i.e. my rfc2543 sip device doesn't

There is nothing broken; there is still total interoperability. There are no
defined mechanisms (and there won't be) which rely on the headers below
Authorization not being modified. So, if something changes them, who cares?

What is it in 7.3.1 you find confusing?

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com