Subject: [Sip] Multiple Refers (refer-02 draft)

From: "Sriram Parameswar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:18:49 -0600

Hi Robert,

In my reading of section 3.5.3.3 (reproduced below for convenience)I take it
that the CSEQ param is sent in the event header of a NOTIFY only if more
than one REFER has been received.

Is this the interpretation? If so - I propose that we send the CSEQ of the
REFER back in every corresponding NOTIFY event header. This leads to
uniformity and does away with unnecessary special cases. 

If my interpretation is not correct - I request that you change the wording
to clarify it - I volunteer to send you the wording if you would like.

Best Regards,

Sriram

__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Interactive Multimedia Server (IMS) Fax: 972-685-3563
Nortel Networks, Richardson USA  Email: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------
3.5.3.3 Multiple REFER requests in a dialog

   A REFER creates an implicit subscription sharing the dialog
   identifers in the REFER request.  If more than one REFER is issued in
   the same dialog (a second attempt at transferring a call for
   example), the dialog identifiers do not provide enough information to
   associate the resulting NOTIFYs with the proper REFER.

   Thus, for the second and subsequent REFER requests a UA receives in a
   given dialog, it MUST include a cseq parameter in the Event header
   field of each NOTIFY containing the sequence number of the REFER this
   NOTIFY is associated with.