Subject: [Sip] Bis-5: Proxy-Require modification

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 18:21:58 +0200

Hi,

I have a small question on the Proxy-Require header.

On page 132, in table 3, it is indicated (using "r" in the "proxy"
column) that a proxy must be able to read and understand the header. So
far, so good.
 
However, there are functionalities which only requires ONE proxy to
support and perform an action. After that is done other proxies don't
need to support it anymore. An example of this is the SIP Caller
Identity and Privacy function.

So, my question is: should a proxy also be allowed to modify the header
(remote a specific option-tag, or the whole header), ie should there be
an "m" in the "proxy" column in the table?
 
Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip