Subject: [Sip] Internet Draft on Call Control URI Parameters

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:55:36 -0800

Hi,

I just submitted a short Internet Draft which proposes Contact URI 
parameters for use with call control.  This is basically follow on work to 
cc-models.  Until it appears in the archives it is available at:

	ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/rmahy/draft-mahy-sip-cc-uri-params-00.txt

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Lei Liang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:20:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, falks,
   when a user are invited to join a conference in which all of the
existing memebers are in a multicast group, I wondered if the callee
need join the group or not. if yes, how? I don't know if there are
parameters or headers indicate the caller's multicast address.
cheers.
lei

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:37:17 +0200

Hello,

The c line in the SDP of the INVITE contains the multicast address of
the multicast group the callee has to join.

SIP is used only to obtain this address. The callee will typically use
IGMP to join the multicast group.

Regards,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]