Subject: [Sip] New version of SIP DHCP draft

From: "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:26:06 -0500

Until it appears in the archives:
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/drafts/draft-ietf-sip-dhcp-05.txt

This draft reflects discussions with the ADs and the DHC WG. There are
probably still a few minor items to be worked out, such as the meaning
(or lack thereof) of a list of names and IPv4 addresses, but the basic
structure should now be in place.

Comments are solicited. This is believed to be ready to go to the IESG,
but since this is substantially different from earlier versions (that
already underwent such last call) another brief WG last call may be
appropriate. My hope is that we can finally close this long saga.

Henning
-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:44:49 +0200

Henning:

May I ask if there has been some discussion regarding the support for
IPv6 in this draft? I remember some e-mails in the mailing list some
time ago, even some volunteer to do the work. Is that work ongoing?
In a separate draft, perhaps?

Thanks a lot,

     Miguel

-- 
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                        Jorvas, Finland
mailto:[email-masked]     Phone:  +358 9 299 3553
mailto:[email-masked]        Mobile: +358 40 5140002

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:43:49 -0500

After discussion with the DHCP folks and the ADs, it was decided that
IPv6 in DHCPv4 doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would indeed be
nice if somebody would step forward and write a draft extending the
DHCPv4 SIP option to DHCPv6. However, to avoid further delays for this
long-suffering draft, I would strongly suggest that this be a separate
effort.