Subject: [Sip] results of WGLC for draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-04.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:03:01 -0500

Folks,

I've just submitted draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-05.txt, which updates -04
based on comments received during WGLC from reviews and on the list. My
apologies to the group once more for my poor turnaround time on this draft.

You can pick up the new draft at:
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-05.txt

until it appears in the archives.

Here are the changes that were made based on concerns raised:

Results of WGLC for draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-04.txt:

Changes based on concerns raised from nits review:

* changed code to use camel case for function names, to improve readability.

* added copyright section

Changes based on concerns raised from wglc reviewers:

* updated description of cancel-feature to clarify that the default is
to cancel, so that only the no-cancel value is useful. Also specified
a formal proxy behavior.

* clarified that CPL is not the only type of callee specified
scripting language.

* added wording in the introduction, clarifying some of the
motivations for having caller preferences.

* clarified that caller preferences is generally useful on unrouted
requests. 

* provided motivation for the only=true parameter.

* headers have to be present in ACK/CANCEL if they were in the
original request, mirroring Route behavior.

Changes made based on author observed errors:

* fixed errors in examples that used the media param; they had omitted
the /*

Changes based on list discussion:

* added an optional feature for the proxy to compute an implicit
Accept-Contact when routing calls to devices that have registered
support for explicit media types. This implicit Accept-Contact is
built from the session description in the INVITE, if present.

* clarified that you can only have one parameter instance per contact
or per header.

* added support for an AND of OR construct in rules, instead of just
OR. This has resulted in a change in grammar, and in the code. The
code was recompiled and re-tested to verify correctness. This change
is moderately compatible with any existing implementations; clearly
the AND function won't work, but there is no change in syntax so that
existing proxies won't break, they just won't match a URL they would
otherwise match if they supported this change.

* made the only=true syntax consistent with other parameters in
allowing LWS between only, =, and true.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip