Subject: [Sip] To tags in bis-05

From: "McMurry, Kathleen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 19:29:53 +0000

In bis-00, there was a clarification made that "proxies must insert To tags
for locally generated responses".  In bis-05, this requirement has been
removed (as has the requirement that a To tag should be inserted by a
redirect server and a registrar on responses).  I assume this change was
intentional,  but it is not listed in the "Changes Made in Version 05"
section.  Is there a problem with the proxy/redirect/registrar inserting a
To tag in a final response that is locally generated?

Thanks, Kathleen McMurry

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:32:57 -0500

The requirement was not removed.
 
When an element generates a response locally, it is not being a proxy - 
it being a UAS and must behave as described in section 8.2.6.
 
RjS

-----Original Message-----
From: McMurry, Kathleen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 1:30 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Sip] To tags in bis-05

Thanks, Kathleen McMurry