Subject: [Sip] Please unsubscribe

From: "Manik Kapil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:39:39 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Sen, Sanjoy [NGB:B602:EXCH] 
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 4:25 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Sip] new draft submission for FW/NAT traversal

Folks, 

        We've submitted an ID called "Midcom-unaware NAT/Firewall Traversal"
describing a pre-Midcom solution framework to solve the problem of
traversing deployed NAT/FW's. This is in relation to the new extension to
the Midcom WG charter calling for "average current practice" solutions for
traversing Midcom-unaware, and even, application-unaware NAT/FW's. Two key
components of this solution working in tandem are a SIP Proxy & an RTP
Proxy. The solution needs interaction between the Proxies, but does not need
the clients know about the NAT binds/types and is applicable to all
traditional types of NAT's/Firewalls. The draft can be found at:  

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sen-midcom-fw-nat-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sen-midcom-fw-nat-00.txt> . 

Comments/feedback are most welcome & should be posted in the Midcom mailing
list. 

Regards, 
Sanjoy Sen 

============ 
Interactive Multimedia Server, Carrier VoIP 
Nortel Networks 
Ph: 972-685-8274, Fax: 972-685-3813 
Mobile: 972-571-2062