Subject: [Sip] Agenda Development for Upcoming meetings at IETF-52

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:14:47 -0600

Once again, I'll be coordinating agendas (agendae?) for SIP and SIPPING at
IETF 52. I'll soon advise you of URLs for the requests I've received and for
draft agendas as they mature.

Final working group agendas are due to IETF by 5December.

I've already received some requests, so its well past time for guidelines.

As per IETF policy, meeting time is for discussing things we need to talk
about in person. This doesn't include presentations of new stuff that
haven't been discussed on list.

AD Scott Bradner gave all transport-are WG chairs the following direction.
As usual, his terse prose serves the purpose in a most workmanlike fashion,
so I present it unabridged:

--------------------------------
 Don't let people do a "presentation" of the content of
 a document. Instead, make them do 1 or 2 slides with the
 open issues or controversial topics and lead a discussion
 to a resolution.

 If a slide with a table of pros and cons for a particular
 problem is needed, that is fine.

 If a slide with a figure is needed to explain where the
 things fit in the overal scheme of things, that is fine too.
-------------------------------

Clearly we have plenty of open issues. I'd like to hear suggestions for
topics that you feel are important and worth addressing during our valuable
meeting time, as well as requests for any smaller-group adhocs that you
think need to be held in conjunction with IETF.

Thanks,

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip